rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I was kidding, your response was almost instant, that's why I thought it would be funny.

Took me a while on post office comment, thank you. I didn't realize how fast you would send them out, nice!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
have both plug in and cordless dremels...The plug in is for the tough jobs around the house. The cordless is strictly for reefkeeping.

for reefing i prefer the cordless. i havnt had a fragging project yet where it hasnt been powerful enough. It's safer to use around water and much more convenient. Just dont drop it in the water. I had to buy another one when i did...

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
anyone try the multimaster yet? Alot more expensive than the dremel or anything else out there but supposedly it is an amazing tool. Reps from dremel even said that there's is shyt compared to the fein miultimaster. I was going to buy 1 but they are definitely not in my price range yet. A lil fun fact for anyone interested though is I hear they are losing their patent so it should be dropping in price very soon. :)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i borrowed my friends multimaster for a project on the house. works great but makes a big mess. I don't think it would ever work for a reef aplication. It cuts by vibration versus a rotary wheel. For fragging you need a steady hand and small precision cuts. The multimaster would turn a coral into dust.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have a multimaster. Its definately worth the money to buy if your doing alot of cutting with it, but not for coral fragging. Its great if you need to get a deep deep cut in a rock, but for small fragging or scoring then breaking stick with a dremel like wes said. It turns the rock to dust and the vibration tends to loosen other parts of the rock you might not want to break off.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I got the DREMEL 4000 for Christmas i had to buy the dimond wheel separately though.After less than 20minutes of use the damn thing died,what a pitty.So now i'm wondering if i should get the same one again.

BIG L A

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I also got the Dremel 4000 for X-Mas N I have tried a lil of everything with it... I also got the diamond blade as a gift... Since is young I just did my first fragging ever and I was hype... LoL my family tells me I look like a lil kid when I play with it...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Dre, it has to be defective. I use the dremel 300 about 2x a week for alot of coral and it takes a beating,something has to be wrong with the one you got

+1

We beat ours up unmercifully. Because of the frequency we use ours, we do go through one or two per year due to rust (saltwater is a killer), but definitely not after one or two uses.

Russ

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Well i took the Dremel back to HD and got the Roto Zip RZ1 instead.For $20 less than the Dremel 4000 this bad boy packs a punch 5 amps- 30,000 rpm do i need to say more?I choose the RZ1 because i'll be using it on projects around the house as well.You need a bigger grip for this machine because it has a much bigger motor than the Dremel and it doesn't come with a carrying case. A steady hand and the 1 1/2'' dimond blade cut's through limestone and liverock like a hot knife through butter with this machine.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I dont know the # but the diamond blade that is for the quick connect piece is larger diameter than the regular diamond wheel you can find it at home depot

Yeah, I just picked up one of these, much bigger than the other ones.

Phil, the one that you linked is actually very poorly rated. I have it and I think its ok but I like the nano one a lot better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: