Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I Just wanted to show off my little black suncoral. I have it in my tank about 4 months or so, it only had 2 heads when I bought it and now it has quite a few more.

I have never seen another for sale or even been shown off on here. Curious if anyone else has one of these?

DSC05707.jpg

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Honestly I dont even target feed it that often. I used to in the begining. It gets whatever the tank gets: frozen mysis, daphnia, pellets too!, arctipods etc

It stays open during the day too. I dont have it shaded either, I know its not photosynthetic but I dont think it needs to stay shaded.

When its closed up it just looks like black velvet.

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh greg, he's a cool guy haven't been there in awhile ill have to give him a call to hold me a frag. thanks

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i just won a few nights ago an orange/pink sun coral for only 33 bucks on aquaticauctions.com! here is a few pics of them closed... i cant wait to see them open, i was going to put them in a cave cause i thought they needed it like my balanphyllia but maybe ill try it 50/50 with light.

1-5463b.jpg

1-5463.jpg

1-5463f.jpg

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
nope. there was two auctions for it, they had a hour auction on. except they put it back on with the same pics. i got a email confermation saying i won for 33. here is the size bar of when I won.

Current bid: $33.00Retail Value: $176.00 Opening Bid: $1.00 Bid Increment: $8.00 Enter Bid: $
btn.size2.disabled.jpg
(Learn about Proxy Bidding)Time Remaining: Closed Quantity: 1 Number of Bids: 5 (Bid History) Open Date: Apr 2, 2010 09:30:00 PM EDT Close Date: Apr 2, 2010 10:18:06 PM EDT

and here is my email

Congratulations!!
We are pleased to inform you that you have won the auction #203052 (Orange Sun Coral).
Please find below the details of the auction you have won.
You won the auction for: $33.00

Please click on the below link to view auction details.
http://aquaticauction.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=151&auctionId=203052

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
intresting I have not heard of a black sun coral

Wow, has it really been that long since you were out by my place Anthony?LOL
You not only heard of the "Black Sun Coral", but you have seen them.;)
Here's a couple of pics to jog your memory.;)

Attachments

• Black & Orange Suncoral.jpg
    Black & Orange Suncoral.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 289
  • reef 003.jpg
    reef 003.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 266

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: