roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Do u really have to feed acans. Just got back from N,Y aquatics was told it is
not necessary to feed. Unless i misunderstood. Don't want to give them a bad rap if i did misunderstand.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You shouldn't have to feed an acan. They can survive and grow fully with proper lights. feeding them is only supplemental to help it grow faster, not to be used as a substitute to bad water or improper lights.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ming said:
You shouldn't have to feed an acan. They can survive and grow fully with proper lights. feeding them is only supplemental to help it grow faster, not to be used as a substitute to bad water or improper lights.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I have e few different acans and some are at the bottom and others at the top. I haven't seen any difference where they are. I started feeding them lately. And they do seem to want food. But it seems many people do not feed them and they seem ok.

N

NanoAquatic

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i never fed my acans, but added microbacter7 and biofuel weekly, been growing and coloring up just fine =d

straightjiggy10

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.2%
235   2   0
I Feed my acans twice a week, Its not necessary to spot feed them if you do it will def help with growth and health, but to answer your question as long as they are grabbing some type of food from the water column whether it be phytoplankton or any other small particle food source they'll be fine without it. The color mostly depends on the lighting and placement of the specific specimen.

N

NanoAquatic

Rating - 99.2%
235   2   0
Acans

was wondering, i have led light fixtures, should i place them on the bottom or mid level? i get 500 PAR reading at 24"

I Feed my acans twice a week, Its not necessary to spot feed them if you do it will def help with growth and health, but to answer your question as long as they are grabbing some type of food from the water column whether it be phytoplankton or any other small particle food source they'll be fine without it. The color mostly depends on the lighting and placement of the specific specimen.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
acans are low light corals in general bottom is good unless there is alot of CUC and stuff to bother them, then on a rock low is good too but I know most people have them on the sand bed mine is on the bottom glass (bare bottom) and doing beautifully. I try to feed it but since it is on the bottom it's a pain but it does grab a little mysis regardless when I feed I do dose phytoplex though and all my lps are doing great.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go through phases where i feed every day than... not for like a week... i've heard mixing up the feeding like this emulates the natural life and helps them grow and will also stimulates the appetite to make them more consistant eaters... but... i do believe they would do just fine if i didn't... other factor is how mature is your tank... if its a new tank might not have food in your column for them to feed off of...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: