• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dennis

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I tried posting a pic of my setup which I did my self after much concideration and research I addapted my own designe from my knolodge gained here and elswere. You should run the water pass the skimmer first because it exports faster than the fuge and in any filter system you remove the biger particles first example your prefilter, RO/DI This is just my opinion. If you decide to grow pods my method seems better but you don't have to take my word for it. check this site out and you will become a sump expert. melevsreef.com

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
so i built my sump last night, the baffles are dried and holding like a rock.

however i think i just wasted money b/c i noticed the silicone i used was mildue/mold resistant. I have a feeling i shouldnt haev used it- is this going to effect my tank?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
u dont want those anti mildew agents and chemicals leaching into ur tank... its bad for the tank...

i used window and door silicone I (clear)... its made by GE and its a white bottle with a blue/black/grey sticker on it....

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
u dont want those anti mildew agents and chemicals leaching into ur tank... its bad for the tank...

i used window and door silicone I (clear)... its made by GE and its a white bottle with a blue/black/grey sticker on it....

i got GE 2 window and door silicone, $%@#$^@##@$

i looked at it this AM and noticed anti mold and mildew, wut r the chances of th chemicals actualy leaking thru

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
never got the cube, had trouble w/ the seller.

this is for my 125

tomorrow i guess i'm going to have to take out the baffles, which wont be easy b/c i put a ton of silicone on to hold it in right the first time :-X

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
update: took out the baffles was having trouble b/c my blade was dull- went out and got a new one, and used GE silicone 1 this time!

cleaned out the old silicone to the best of my ability, was a little haze of wut was left. glued the new ones in- waiting for it to dry in the sun tomorrow, then i'll do a wet test. Hopefully by tuesday i'll be installing it.

o btw- i opted for the tank to drain into the skimmer section first, hit 3 baffles and go into a refugium- then into the return pump. made the return section a little small b/c i wanted to max my refugium :-X

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: