reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Ok so I found found time to do more work on the stand,also went to Home Depot (don't worry I didn't spend much)I only bought hinges for the doors which where $2.77 for a pair which brings a total of $9.53 to date...anyways here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Sorry for the crappy dark pics...I took a grinder with a wire wheel to smooth out any rough spots and to round out the corners,I didn't want to use a sander and ruin the rustic look of the wood and I found that the wire wheel worked perfect for that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I found the plywood which which was weathered a bit and was exactly the right shade I was looking for...and yes I'm picky(I passed up well over a dozen pieces already..wrong shade and grain)every piece of pallet wood I used had to be the right shade for the spot it went to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 456

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
YEEEEEEAAAAAAA buddy i like that burnt look. :) slamminnnnn Cant wait to see this dang thing set up already im going nuts thinking about it lmao.

Hope the little ones and the wife are well.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
YEEEEEEAAAAAAA buddy i like that burnt look. :) slamminnnnn Cant wait to see this dang thing set up already im going nuts thinking about it lmao.

Hope the little ones and the wife are well.

You can't wait?I had everything I need for the upgrade but a finished stand!!lol
Just have to make the doors,the top moldings and do my magic with the torch and coat it with polyurethane..as far as the wife and kids everyone is great!

Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Alittle update!i burnt the wood to bring out the darker grain of the wood.then a clear satin finish( $4.99)which brings me to a total of $14.52
Only thing lef to do is the top trim moldings to hide the base molding of the tank and the moldings around the doors

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Been super busy working 12-14 hours a day plus a newborn and a 2 year old at home to keep me on my toes...anyway I found some time to complete one door
Maybe sometime before the year ends ill finally have this setup...lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 434

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: