C

Cu455

Looks good thanks for sharing.

Do you think you lose some of the nutrition value from losing the water soluble vitamins when you soak and rinse it in water?

C

Cu455

I usually get the frozen sea food mix which has squid, clams, shrimp and mussels for about $5.

I personally don't have an opinion on this and not really sure why this could be bad. A lot of people don't like using that mixed bag because the food comes precooked. I am not sure if you are using the brand that is pre cooked. Just something you might want to look into.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I do not use the pre packed bags or cook any of the food. Everything I add to the food is Fresh from the Fish market and is not frozen then defrosted then froze again. Its fresh then froze the 1st time when it is done and placed in the ziplock bags

C

Cu455

Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I do not use the pre packed bags or cook any of the food. Everything I add to the food is Fresh from the Fish market and is not frozen then defrosted then froze again. Its fresh then froze the 1st time when it is done and placed in the ziplock bags

That comment was for reef monkey not you.

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I personally don't have an opinion on this and not really sure why this could be bad. A lot of people don't like using that mixed bag because the food comes precooked. I am not sure if you are using the brand that is pre cooked. Just something you might want to look into.

I researched making my your own fish food for quite some time before firing up the blender. Among the most beneficial articles I read through was that from Melev's Reef. I used the exact same seafood mix with mine.

I have been using it for the past 2-3 years with no ill affects. i will however use fresh food in my next batch to see if there is any difference.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: