• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
damn i saw this tread and was like i gotta click on this but nevermind.i know u was thinking the same thing wen you started the thread wingo. lol

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
buy a new bulkhead and it will tell u what size the hole should be.

go w/ a 1in builkhead for drain to sump, and 1/2 or 3/4 (dont remmebeR)in for return, thats normal AGA/oceanic size

Last edited:

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You have to figure what kind of pump u r using as a return, a one inch bulkheah can handle only 600gph. but get the bulkheas first then drill as different types require diff size holes(sch40 v 80)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_plumbing_parts_fittings_bulkheads_strainers.asp

Bulkheads used in the hobby's hole size requirements are pretty much the same, just differences between SCH 40 and SCH 80. Savko have the wrong size hole listed for their 1" SCH80 TxT bulkhead, it is not 2", should be 1.875".

Thanks that's exactly what I need know. I was not sure if I have a problem in my measuring technique(or I am just crazy) when I measured the bulkhead my friend gave me-it's not exact to the nearest inch!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: