ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Hello MR GM, I am upgrading the tank and going for Glass Reef Tank size 90" wide x 60" Deep x 34" High, I want to build the stand for this beast and I have few ideas in my mind, I can do with 3" Extruded Aluminum T-Slot or Steel Stand that will be 2" Square tube with Enough Supports, What you guys say, I know there are plenty of people on RC who own larger tanks, Please give your suggestions since this is gong to be 1 time shot. I want it to be strong and cost effective at the same time.

Thank you all,

Rav

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Strong and cost effective go with wood but will need 4x4 or 6x6 supports not 2x4's for sure. If you want to use 8020 check ebay for their 'garage sale' but I would have a structural engineer help design it or there is one of their distributors in NJ that will design and cut it all for you but is not cheap from the quotes I have gotten before.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Thank you Reef Trends, I am thinking about using construction blocks on left and right side of the tank and then I will be using 3 pcs 3" x 3" square steel tubes from left to right, I will use epoxied marine grade 3/4" plywood that will sit on top of the steel tubes and then 1/2" Styrofoam on top of the plywood, I think 3"x 3" tube is will be fine. I will make sure that wall of the square tube is thick enough, I will have all the access under the tank to add storage or very large sump ... what you guys think of this idea/design

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Sump often make a mess. Well, actually, we make a mess near the sump. I rather have the sump somewhere else. In my case, my sump is in the garage. Lot more room to work with as well. Here is my garage/sump room:

SumpRoom.jpg

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I am thinking of building algae scrubber, I will take full advantage of sunlight, I have been following member on RC who o2manyfish, he has ~150 gallons frag tank set up outside in his backyard wide open with nothing on top of the tank and this frag tank has been growing sps and lps with no issues and colors on sps are amazing.. So I have similar plans do test with my system as well..

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
My tank is going to be sitting in sunroom and I am working on plan on how not to block sunlight and keep sunroom insulated at the same time... this is the challenge I am facing so far ..

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Since this tank will be sitting in my sunroom and on slab, I will use cement blocks and structural steel tubes since it is cost effective and as stronger as steel if not more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: