• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

the Wizard

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah...very good....that one does do what I was trying to explain so maybe this is it. :lol: I'll have to plug the holes temporarily, dis-connect the plumbing, figure a way to hang the overflow lower, and then re-connect the plumbing. I'll definitely let you guys know!

68fj40

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be happy to post pictures but my c-siphon is black and my other overflows are encrusted so you cann't really see the spillwell.

I do feel, from the last few posts, that you are getting my point on the problem. Basically elevation differences of the boxes and elevation differences of the spillwell and the main tank.

the Wizard

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah 68fj40....we were listening...it just didn't make any sense from my starting point...but now I (we) see the problem. So tonight I ripped it all apart and hung it back together with strings and clamps and tape....really.....just temporary. The system you guys are trying to explain to me really works an entirely different way. I had to pull the interior box off, plug them, and re-mount them an inch lower.

The verdict: Now it hauls! And with much smaller siphons which means the water is flowing through them much faster, therefore not trapping any bubbles, and eliminating that possibility for a flood later. So thats a good thing. It now overruns the drain so I have to add capacity there but at least I understand that.

So I'll post more as I have a lot of acrlyic work in front of me....haha....with all the mods and maybe even some more pics....but I'll give you guys an early thanks now....that was a journey huh?

Well that's what's so great about these boards!!!!

Ross

the Wizard

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys...final post on this one. It's running very well now....full speed by lowering the outside overflow about 4 inches. That final round of ideas solved the problem. I'm now cycling the tank. Thanks again guys...we did it!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: