• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing wrong dimming the LED if you are an e-hacker.

Some of you already know I am not a big fan of moon simulation. With that in mind, let me give some idea to down&dirty. Howabout add more LEDs in the epoxy cap, and have a build-in controller that will light up the LED in a crescent/half circle/full circle to simulate the shape of moon at different day of the lunar month? Probably will impress many people with that, don't you think?! :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
down&dirty":3oi6s9tl said:
Nothing that is used in electronics was designed to do what it does.
Everything in electronics was designed to do what it does. It just happens that it also does other things.. You say the glass is half empty, I say the glass is half full. :wink:

down&dirty":3oi6s9tl said:
I also don't understand why PWM is such a bad idea.
Where did anyone say PWM is a bad idea? - Its potential effects were speculated on and theorized about, but no one to my recollection came out and said it was a bad idea.

Blue Jester

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grateful Diver:

We played some games, and never were detected until we went shallow enough and started making some noise with hatches..

Not sure on how it would be if we had been a Fast Attack..

I'm on a SSBN though, and we never were detected when we weren't supposed to be. Closest we ever came was when a P3 dropped some sonar bouys and used active sonar.. But even then, they couldn't pinpoint us.. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you active around '93? - In the N. Atlantic for wargames around that time?

We supposedly pinpointed one then. That was the only time I was out bouncing around for wargames, the rest of the dets I went on I spent down in AUTEC. :D (They never gave us results of those games.)

Personally I think they like to keep morale up on both sides of that game and tell both what they like to hear.

I don't know what for, but we loaded a live mk-44 during those games in '93 and the bird didn't come back with it.. :?

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting off topic here with... but ASW and sub people usually only tell the other parties half of what they see/hear/detect. This way, both are happy about their accomplishments. Upon hearing the other side, they always say they would have done it differently and get better results.

Blue Jester

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give you that. We don't necessarily know everything that the other knows, but on the same token, neither party is given the capability to use all of their resources. We can't use our full depth band, we can't use our full speed, we can't use our nuclear power specialties quite the way we could.. I'm sure it would be the same on their end, but as you know the world of Subs is quite secretive, and the things you can assure yourself of, even when you get detected, is that you did your maneuvers and changes based on someones agenda, and you will ensure that you are detected to see where the treshold is, since the training isn't for us... It's for the sub hunters. We do business as usual, watching movies, sleeping, banging on the walls, running drills, etc.

Sorry for going off topic.. :)

Nope, wasn't active in 93.. You at the torpedo shooting range down in autec?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Jester":1o56jgee said:
since the training isn't for us... It's for the sub hunters. We do business as usual, watching movies, sleeping, banging on the walls, running drills, etc.
:lol:
Yeah, there definintely was a lot of morale-inflating going on then...

Out of curiousity, do you think they were able to get full MAD signatures for around the globe?

Blue Jester":1o56jgee said:
Nope, wasn't active in 93.. You at the torpedo shooting range down in autec?
Yeah, came close to getting a spot there through raytheon a few years back too.

I only had to go out twice a year for two weeks a shot. (I was a TAR-baby.) Only twice in the N. Atlantic, twice at AUTEC and the rest was LEO-ops cruising around the Caribbean.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: