• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Sprattoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make my own rock then "grow it in my tank"

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45804

I posted the long process. Be prepared to not put the rocks in your tank for a few months and much work... but Now that I have a finished product and continue to make rock.. it's not so bad.

The best best bestest oart is I can form my rock however I want I feel more connected to my tank and I feel good about distributing non-reef harvested rock.

I know GARF has a bad rep... but their Grunge is good stuff for seeding rock. BTW The lava rock and Tuffa IMHO doesn't grow a thing on it. I believe its a lack of calcium or something... I put a chunk in and was far from impressed with results.

sambo1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugly grey rock. BTW I posted another thread in the General Forum with some questions before I saw this thread on CaribSea Reef Ready rock. If anyone has the time and any experience with seeding large amounts of "dead" rock, give it a read and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• rock 14.jpg
    rock 14.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 671
  • rock 12.jpg
    rock 12.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 670

shr00m

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice looking rock though and i think i may have to do her this way for my 20 gallon nano reef im about to set up.

psiico

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use white portland cement, then it's not ugly grey rock. I used white with aragonite sand and my rock is sand colored, not grey.

sambo1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to use white, but couldn't find it. Got impatient and used the grey stuff. It'll turn to a beautiful coralline covered reddish purple some day, hopefully. LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: