• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a drilling fool lately....with some emphasis on the fool part. Anyhow, I have one more bulkhead to order for my return, which is in the center of the tank. PVC is just hanging from it, but you get the idea.

Ignore the wampus shelf. It's just a test... :lol: .

I'm still not sure what to do with the return from the sump. Anyone ever used a spray bar along the top? Do they work well? Or should I just drill yet ANOTHER bulkhead fitting in the center of the tank?

Attachments

• Plumbing002 (Small).JPG
    Plumbing002 (Small).JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Plumbing001 (Small).JPG
    Plumbing001 (Small).JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,390
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good

I have never used a spray bar.

I have mine going over the top and it, but I am unhappy with the flow in my tank so don't listen to me :D

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a Squirt or Super Squirt from Oceansmotions. I like the idea of having a semi-random flow from 4 outlets. All of my plumbing is 1" pvc. The OM Squirt is 3/4" inlet and 4 3/4 outlets. The flow calculator gives me ~750gph flow from my panworld 50px-x (1110 gph). How will the OM Squirt effect the flow rate? the Super Squirt is all 1", but its another $75. Not sure if its worth it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3/4 inch OM squirt will reduce the flow.

How much? No idea, sorry

maybe some one else will chime in...

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy at the LFS claimed that the Squirts had SS have been known to jam. I'm sure there is a possiblity of that occuring (as with any moving part) but I'm sure it is slight. At this point, that is one headache I definitely do not want. I think OM makes some very cool products though.

Redesigned my CL plumbing last night (while I still can) and made it a lot less complex. 1 inlet and 4 outlets. 2 outlets go through 1" bulkheads on the top (L & R corners) with OM OmniFlex nozzles, and the other 2 outlets....well, I'm still undecided about where to put those.

brandonberry

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spaulr":3w1pxi13 said:
The blueline or Panworld pumps need to be primed. I added the T with the other 90 so I could fill the line prior to starting the pump.

I could see doing that if you were going over the top of the tank, but going through the back, the water pressure from the tank will prime the pump. If you take off that cap with the tank full, you're going have a mess.

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandonberry - Yeah, I know. What you posted is one area I thought would be problematic :cry: . Actually I've made some substantial modifications to the plumbing since last posting here. It's a much simplified design. I haven't had time to post here because I've been trying to get my DIY stand done (stained, poly acrylic'd, and marine painted). Maybe next week I'll have some sort of update. Thanks for the warning! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: