• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should mention that Knucklehead.... It took me 3 buckets and an entire 5 minutes to find a leak on the bottom. I saw a big stream of bubbles through there. I must not have pressed and held long enough. I have no idea how those guys do the museum pieces with no bubbles. Years of practice I guess. I'm going to do another pass with the Weld on 3 in that section and in others that look sketchy (with bubbles).

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I ran another bead of weldon 3 down the edge. that basically did nothing. Today, I ran a bead of weld on 16 down the edge. I'm not sure if that really helped anything either. I guess I'm just gonna have to use good old fashioned 100% silicone to make sure there are no leaks. I'll do that tomorrow.

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. Weld on 16 looks like it fixed the leak on the bottom. I'm doing an overnight test in the garage which might lead into a 2-3 day test just to be sure before I put in the baffling, skimmer shelf, etc.

Thanks all for your help!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: