• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is a very interesting concept. A couple things you may also want to consider. Coming from a builder "what looks good on paper doesn't always look so good in reality". Not meant to be offensive really. I say that to clients as I'm designing lighting for kitchens. It always changes. Mostly I say that because i see you regretting the fact that the sump and skimmer are both visible as show pieces. My skimmer gets alot of algea build up quite fast. I am assuming that the sump will too. Two components I dont really want to have to clean every few days.
I see two doors with water in them. What are those? If they were seperate show tanks some how plumbed in to the main system that would be awesome. Maybe a softy tank and a prop tank. Keep the ideas coming. I may have to incorporate some of them when I get my shop set up. :D

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":dlfa9098 said:
Also if you care to read. My 60 that never got off the ground. Damm Hurricane Katrina.

well I am sorry your tank got hit with that damn thing it sounded like it would have been a great tank .

the 110 gal. look awesome why did you get rid of it ?

Yes you are right even with all that s%$t in there it will one day take the cake and flood the house ( man my wife would be so p!ssed off if that happened LOL ) . But that will happen with every tank in here they all will crash some day just you don't ever no when . right ?

trido88--Keep the ideas coming.

yes i did think about covering all but the aquarium to for that resson .

I will . I have been wanting to work on a ideas of taking one of my old PC and make it a 12 gal. nano tank with the screen and the tower into a 3 to 5 gal. sump the mouse it to a digital thermometer and then the keyboard into a holder for net,test kit,saltwater reader . But that is just a idea .

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido88":27r1t5tl said:
I see two doors with water in them. What are those? If they were seperate show tanks some how plumbed in to the main system that would be awesome. Maybe a softy tank and a prop tank. Keep the ideas coming. I may have to incorporate some of them when I get my shop set up. :D

I was going to use them as a tank for new Live Rock and one for the fish that i have to sell for any resson if they fight . I was going to run them off of the to filter systems i have in my hex 15 gal. they are about 50 GPH each and the tank on the bottem was going to be about 12 to 15 gal. each . I don't know if i could have ran them in the same sump or not .

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":1e97zvzj said:
Interesting concept, but I still think you will have issues with micro bubbles from the skimmer and water capacity during power outage. The way you have it shown the tank is lower than the sump and skimmer so all the water will drain back there.

I have been thinking about a way to set up a Fluidmaster or a Korky Toilet Fill Valve (528) in a saltwater tank . if you don't know what this is it is a peace in your Toilet that stop from fluiding it . So i have been wouldering if I can hook this up to stop any water flow that would flood my tank when the power would go out . I am thinking it will work because there would be no power for the pump so it would stop the presher on it . I don't know it is just a Idea !!!!!

Attachments

• pACE2-963253reg.jpg
    pACE2-963253reg.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 956
  • pACE2-964344reg.jpg
    pACE2-964344reg.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 955
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
steene_c":be219m4b said:
Wazzel":be219m4b said:
Also if you care to read. My 60 that never got off the ground. Damm Hurricane Katrina.

well I am sorry your tank got hit with that damn thing it sounded like it would have been a great tank .

the 110 gal. look awesome why did you get rid of it ?

Yes you are right even with all that s%$t in there it will one day take the cake and flood the house ( man my wife would be so p!ssed off if that happened LOL ) . But that will happen with every tank in here they all will crash some day just you don't ever no when . right ?

trido88--Keep the ideas coming.

yes i did think about covering all but the aquarium to for that resson .

I will . I have been wanting to work on a ideas of taking one of my old PC and make it a 12 gal. nano tank with the screen and the tower into a 3 to 5 gal. sump the mouse it to a digital thermometer and then the keyboard into a holder for net,test kit,saltwater reader . But that is just a idea .

Thanks for the comments. The 60 was the downgrade from the 110. I moved into a much smaller house, etc. Please take my comments as constructive critism. I am only trying to help. I am not trying to poke holes to poke holes. I like the concept, just think it has a few bugs to work out.

As for the tolet flapper. I would be concerned that they would build up with calcium deposts and not close properly. You would have to keep on top of keeping them clean.

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the tolet flapper. I would be concerned that they would build up with calcium deposts and not close properly. You would have to keep on top of keeping them clean.

i just thought i would throw some ideas about it in to the replys to see what people would say about it .

you can poke holes it helps to hear what people have to say . It will help me get better at it .

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the flapper idea is a great one for flood control. If it is in the skimmer, you could just clean it as part of the routine. The way the flapper is designed you will be forced to run the water up from the bottom. Fluidmaster all the way. You can take the top off and easily clean the valve assembly.

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido88":3tq1j8wz said:
I think the flapper idea is a great one for flood control. If it is in the skimmer, you could just clean it as part of the routine. The way the flapper is designed you will be forced to run the water up from the bottom. Fluidmaster all the way. You can take the top off and easily clean the valve assembly.

thanks I thought it would kind of work I haven't put much thought into it yet :) . :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: