• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0

the chalkboard plus oak is a classic old school look,

Quite literally!
blackboard.jpg

Last edited:

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
The chalkboard is a good idea. I like that one. You guys suck.
Jon, my wife picked them out. I don't think I would have come up with the basket idea. My original plan was to make it mostly open so it could fit a couple of his bigger toys in there to get them off of the floor when he wasn't using them. She had a much better idea, so we went with that.
Fred, comparing my tank to guys like that would have been like comparing my reef to Steve Weast's. It's not that one is any better or worse than the other, it is just that some are taken to a whole new level.
Basking area with 2 of them drying off:

Attachments

• sunning 001crop.jpg
    sunning 001crop.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 149
  • sunning 002crop.jpg
    sunning 002crop.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
First things first... These rocks used are out of my reef. I cooked them following Jim's (HOF) procedure, with the exception of a shorter time line. The rock was white when I put it in the tank. This rock is the most shaded from lights, and check it out... coralline algae. I've had no other signs of algae in the tank. Just this:

Attachments

• lightsup 002.jpg
    lightsup 002.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 113

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I also finally got around to hanging the lights and putting some plants in the planter box. I'm hoping the grass works and fills out. I got it from a location with a SG of 1.015. My tank is at 1.005. Also, since I have no algae other than coralline, I'm not sure if the nutrient levels in my tank can keep them alive, but I'm not 100% sure.
The last picture is what made the project worth it. My boy playing on his live action toy box. Yes, he is walking now. I can't believe how fast it went. Now, if I can just get him out of diapers...

Attachments

• lightsup 006.jpg
    lightsup 006.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 112
  • christoybox.jpg
    christoybox.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 113

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
When I made the planter box, I glued it using weldon 16 and placed pins on the front which left small open holes after the pins were removed. The holes are small enough that the sand doesn't spill out, but tank water gets in, making the box wet. I wonder if the box were big enough if this would be a good mangrove option.

Attachments

• newtank 036opcr.jpg
    newtank 036opcr.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 106

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 99.4%
168   1   0
chris i must say that i am not into turtle's, but after seeing this set-up it changed my mind, great thought and detail put into it. as for the diaper's i let mine go to the bathroom with me didnt take long till she wanted to do it herself { other than the one time she tried to stand and pee like me } :redface:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: