• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am done with my sump converting from the acrylic tank that I got it from Inkblue. It was really a shame that I make this beautiful tank into a sump, but I always wanted to have good acrylic sump under my 120. Here is some picutes. I really thank to Don for me to have such a beautiful tank, to Vic for kind enough to gave me Weldon #16, Spike for good advise, and everyone who gave me tons of good information.

Front View
IMG_20781.jpg

Back View
IMG_20831.jpg

Overnight Leakage test
IMG_20761.jpg

Last edited:

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am thinking about using my middle section as a prop tank. I am putting 250W PFO mini pendant over it. My middle section is about 20"x15"x9" and I have about 12" space between bulb and water surface. what you guys think?

gil716

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
gforce6 said:
I am thinking about using my middle section as a prop tank. I am putting 250W PFO mini pendant over it. My middle section is about 20"x15"x9" and I have about 12" space between bulb and water surface. what you guys think?

when is a sump no longer a sump? real nice job btw!

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Jung, I would router out most of that center brace if you are going to use it to grow frags. It will block light and get in your way when you need to stick your hands in there. You don't need that center brace if you are keeping your water level at 9".

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
cali_reef said:
Jung, I would router out most of that center brace if you are going to use it to grow frags. It will block light and get in your way when you need to stick your hands in there. You don't need that center brace if you are keeping your water level at 9".

Steve was telling me the same thing, but I was avoid to buy me a router just for this one project. All I bought for this thing was a hole saw. I used acrylic cutter and Dremel. Is there anyone who can borrow me a router?

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Update pictures

I just replace my new sump yesterday, so far I really like it. It looks 100 times better that my old crappy sump.

Under tank shot
IMG_20891.jpg

Double float switches
IMG_20911.jpg

Middle Chamber (Soon to be prop tank)
IMG_20941.jpg

Skimmer and Drain from main tank
IMG_20991.jpg

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sweet dude!! Nice job. How is everything working out so far? Is there anything that you would have done differently now that you see it in action?

You should keep a bottle of weldon#4 also. dries in like 30seconds.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
damnit i wish i had gotten in on that action. That sumpm looks perfect for me

anyone else get one of these tanks from Ink and not what them? i'll take it :)

wut r the measurements of that tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: