• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
gforce6 said:
Steve was telling me the same thing, but I was avoid to buy me a router just for this one project. All I bought for this thing was a hole saw. I used acrylic cutter and Dremel. Is there anyone who can borrow me a router?

That sump looked fantastic!! I will definitely try to come over and see how it is working out for you.

I do have a question, if you cutting the center brace, would there be any problem down the road? Is it there to hold the tank together in the first place?

I thought that arcylic tank don't need center bracing...??

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
gforce6 said:
Update pictures

I just replace my new sump yesterday, so far I really like it. It looks 100 times better that my old crappy sump.

Under tank shot
IMG_20891.jpg

Hi Jung, where did you get that return pipe (flexible one) in your tank from?

That is not flexible pvc, right? Is it the people use for their washing machine?

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Sweet dude!! Nice job. How is everything working out so far? Is there anything that you would have done differently now that you see it in action?
So far, It is working pretty good. Only things I am little concerns are drain hole for skimmer drain should make it little higher so driain water can exit without any restriction, and I should router out the most of my top piece like Spike did.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I do have a question, if you cutting the center brace, would there be any problem down the road? Is it there to hold the tank together in the first place?
You shouldn't have any problems without center brace. I wanted router out most of top piece, but I didn't want to buy a router just of that. About my return pipe, it is one that came with wetNdry filter. I saw one in HD pretty similar, just make sure the size. You can also look for LFS.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
great job Jung, that looks awesome.

I like using the middle section for a prop tank, good use of space.

fyi - with the filter socks that makes it possible to do this, with out the filter socks the sump would fill up with too much detritus, and you would always have to move the coral out of the way to siphon it out. Jung has a bare bottom tank with a lot of flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: