• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

S

steveo32

for a closed loop system, that I want to have four outlets. Should I use one pump for all 4 like a mag 9 or should I do two pumps for 2 outlets ? I think the two pumps would be best ? or am I wrong ?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
steveo32 said:
for a closed loop system, that I want to have four outlets. Should I use one pump for all 4 like a mag 9 or should I do two pumps for 2 outlets ? I think the two pumps would be best ? or am I wrong ?
depending on what you want to do. what you will hook up to pump. how many gph you need minus plumping. but one pump should be fine.

S

steveo32

Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
idk how many gals i need. in the new tank I want to have very minor sps's. I can't deal w/ them anymore. So I want so real easy ones and not many but I want the closed loop for the flow.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
nevermind i read up on them both. thats great tho so w/ for outlets it will send the water to a diff outlet everytime ? and this better than just a constant flow out of the four

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
steveo32 said:
nevermind i read up on them both. thats great tho so w/ for outlets it will send the water to a diff outlet everytime ? and this better than just a constant flow out of the four

In our tanks we try to simulate the wave motion. If we have constant output from pipes there will be deadspots in the tank. The OM squirt has openings to 1.5 pipes at any given time. Its a great little thingand easy to hook up.

I was recently looking at the om squirt also, but I was convinced to go with the Tunze Streams instead. More power, less electricity. That convinced me. Innitially the cost is high but in the long run it will even out besides the Tunzes have a great resale value so you cant lose!

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
yeah I was'n't sure if the tunze were better. But I think i might go w/ the sqwd which I think is magnetic driven and also I like the look of not having the power head in the tank. Also if you go w/ the tunze won't you burn out the motor by having it turn on and off constantly >?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
steveo32 said:
yeah I was'n't sure if the tunze were better. But I think i might go w/ the sqwd which I think is magnetic driven and also I like the look of not having the power head in the tank. Also if you go w/ the tunze won't you burn out the motor by having it turn on and off constantly >?

Never heard of a tunze burning out dude

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
SCWD are not magnetic, they're mechanical.
Well i ment to say was that i dind't need electric. But that not a factor to me anyway. I think the tunze are great but for me there a little pricey. Also i don't think that I want them in the tank. Anyway one have the scwd hook up in there systems ?

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I use a SCWD on a closed loop. There good but like the OM they cannot compare to a tunze. Tunze doesn't give that firehose effect its flow gently spreads out over the whole tank and wont blast the corals.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
well I think im just going w/ 2 scwd for now I'll save some dough and get the om later on. If the scwd last me 8 months for 28 bucks I think it will b worth it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: