• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

S

steveo32

Ok I am tierd of adding the two part solution everyday, Is there any way to make some thing to automaticly do this for me? aside form the calcium reactor

dreko

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I saw a setup recently where dosing units were performing the task on a daily basis. This was a very automated system which produced a spectacularly healthy tank. I the dosage was higher than normal, but worked with a heavy sps setup...

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
where did you see the set up ?

oh and w/ the ivm it'sd that just going to feed into the tank all day and night

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
steveo32 said:
Ok I am tierd of adding the two part solution everyday, Is there any way to make some thing to automaticly do this for me? aside form the calcium reactor
litermeter 3 is awsome. would need to buy one extra pump

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
dreko said:
I saw a setup recently where dosing units were performing the task on a daily basis. This was a very automated system which produced a spectacularly healthy tank. I the dosage was higher than normal, but worked with a heavy sps setup...

Andre, I know the tank you are talking about ;) but it uses 2 litermeter pumps which costs more than a reactor :)

Stevo what size is your tank and what's your budget?
Gravity fed kalk works but the drip rate is inconsistent
You can make yourself an auto top off with float switch and probe (dosing kalk) which would be less work and more accurate.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
the thing with kalk is it helps precipitate out magnesium as well as not adding it at all i.e. more work adding mag although mostly in sulfate form

i say get a reactor im really happy w/ mine, no BS answer "just because I have one"

dreko

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Rich you know the setup!
I didn't know litermeter pumps were expensive...
Steveo32: I'm using Kalkwasser with Vinegar in a DIY drip system. I have a Kent AquaDose too.. look into this... maybe the easy/inexpensive solution you are looking for...
Last thing the Kalkwasser/Vinegar drip is a win/win solution.
I did research on RC, some good links

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tony,
Kalk/Vinegar mix just helps dissolve more CA/Alk by giving the buffer (Kalk) more acid (Vinegar=CO2) to dissolve and pack more before the limiting satuaration point,

However it does not add the Mag and other trace elements and actually helps precipiate them out because of kalk's high pH. So your taking 1 step forward 2 steps back because Mg especially is the only the thing that will keep the chemistry going in alot of ways

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
steveo32 said:
There is no way except for a reactor. Why do you not consider it an option? it is the cheapest, automated, and important (except for a skimmer) device on a marine tank above 30 gallons in water volume.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
pecan2phat said:
Liter Meter 3 with an extra pump module to dose two separate items would cost you $500.
true. but if you can fit it in your budget, there nothing easier then it. it does all the hard work. i use mine now to dose bionic 2 part, and also use one more pump for auto top off. so thats litermeter plus 2 pumps.=$$$$$$ but pure satisfaction

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: