• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I got a whole bunch of used equipement and a lot of them have a common problem-the suction cups don't suck!

I then went to bought 2 sets Eheim suction cups(4 pcs) for the spray bar and the intake. It costed me $12. Hmm, I can buy a new small Whisper filter for that price!

Now I have more suckers that don't suck(rephrase suckers that sucks) from 3 power heads, 2 heaters and ....
I went to a 99cents store and bought 2 dollar worth of suction cups-11 pcs come with hooks too! But they don't really fit in the small holes of the aquarium of equipement.

Here comes my beloved paper cutter(u can use hobby knife as well).

***Don't try it at home unless you are a master of martial arts to use any blade, kinfe, saber ....

Shaving the taps of the cup with "double silk sewing hand technique", I fixed up two heaters and two power heads and used up only 6 of those suction cups in ten minutes. That is liek $1 for the whole project.:)

***Parental guidance required-the suction cups are not tested to be marine safe. Wait for my results and hope my tank does not melt.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: