• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have the same problem with my sump. too small. I wanted to experiment with baffles without making anything permanent just yet and I tried this:
Temporary Baffles

I installed it yesterday. Make sure you used EPDM. They sell that stuff in any hardware store. So far its working very well. Increased the "evaporation" allowance to three days by raising water levels.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
I know someone who will have a 180tank stand and canopy for sale in a couple of months :shhh:

NYPDFrogman
I believe I looked at your "for Sale" thread a while ago... that T/S/H is really nice. Unfortionately I will only be needing a tank. I plan to put it "in-wall". I plan to build a frame and only a frame for support behind the wall... no enclosure.

I was also leaning towards something on the lines of 72(L)x 30(D)x 24(h). I love the extra depth.. when I met Pierce (Cali_Reef).. his 150(?) 48 x 30 pretty much made up my mind.

Herm
Are there any concerns of anything leeching out of that material into the water and causing issues? I had seen that some time ago and wouldn't mind trying that with a glass tank until I get it where I want and then build an arcylic sump. (Just becuase I like to waste money on making more stuff).

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As long as its EPDM rubber you will have no worries whatsoever. Harware stores always have scrap acryllic for dirt cheap. Since they are temporary baffles it does not matter if its scratched up or not.

So far my stuff is looking good!

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks Herm.. I have an extra 20 gal tank in the garage I can use (my old sump). I will give it a try.... I also have a bunch of scrap Arcylic.

Only issue, I will have to use on my Mag 9.5 to power my Beckett (MRC MR-1) not sure if its strong enough... it is 100gph more then my GenX PCX-30.

I have having to work inside a stand... no room!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: