Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What can I put between the Kold and the DI?

An RO unit... :scratchch

I've never had this issue so I can't honestly say the best course of action but 2 months for 3/4 of a DI is quick. It depends on volume of water you are making and how bad the source is. Can we get a pic of the setup too please?

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bypass valve setup.(I know, the horror, the horror. I'm no plumber. lol)
IMAG0033.jpg

Kold Steril
IMAG0031.jpg

DI
IMAG0032-1.jpg

The source water is 24 TDS. In the beginning I was filling using minimum flow. In the past 2 weeks I was using max flow but I really didn't see a difference in how much faster the DI was being spent.

Last edited:

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you get those plumbing schematics from Dr. Seuss?

LOL! I was waiting for that Jared. I'm no plumber and that is evident. Mind you I emptied half of what my wife has under that cabinet to take that pic. I have to keep her happy which is why I came up with this idea. I'm still considering putting in a dual RO faucet to reduce the number of valves I have under there. I Threw in an extra valve to prevent back flow coming from the DI unit but it's probably not needed....I don't know any better. But yeah, an RO unit, wife didn't like the idea of one so that is how I ended up with this and Home Depot/Lowes didn't have much of a selection of bypass valves and push connectors so I had to end up using adapters.
110copy.jpg

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A regular 4 stage RO unit would have taken up less space than all that and wouldn't need all the plumbing.

The main prob with that was the pressure tank, waste water and water on demand. With any luck, ( and major cash) I can have my basement finished, bring the tank downstairs an do my hearts desire with no restrictions. Am I supposed switch the canisters since one of them is 3/4 spent?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
As long as the water is passing through both DI canisters I don't see switching them making any difference especially if you are still getting 0 TDS readings. Once the second stage starts to show some use you can replace the first but I would go by the TDS.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As long as the water is passing through both DI canisters I don't see switching them making any difference especially if you are still getting 0 TDS readings. Once the second stage starts to show some use you can replace the first but I would go by the TDS.

Sounds good. Will do. I'll post any updates/pics if/when I improve the plumbing horrors. Lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: