A

Anonymous

lets hope this idea doesnt become popular,what a load of bull#@$%.

A

Anonymous

Didn't see this in Europe yet, but... These people are really sick... I think they don't know how a reef tank could look like, and I hope they don't know what such a hyposalinity would do to the fish, long term...

Tanne http://www.tanu.nl

A

Anonymous

This makes me so mad. To think that there are actually IDIOTS who keep these guys in business.

A

Anonymous

A guy walks into a bar w/ a dog under his arm.
The bartender says, dogs are not allowed in the bar.
the guy says, but the dog can talk....
the bartender says, no he can't ..
The guy says I'll bet you a beer this dog can talk...
The bartender says O>K...
The guy asks,,,, Spot? Whats on top of a house???
the dog lets out,..
Roooof,,,,,,Rooooof..
The bartender says ...
NO way.
Lets hear another one.
The man looks at the dog and says ,,,
Spot?
What's the name of that one cartoon/????
Peter and the ????
Wolf,,, Wolf,,,,
The bartender says ...
I don't believe it. This is bull%$#@.... One more time .....
The guy says fine....
Spot??? Who was the greatest baseball player of all time?????
The dog let's out...
Ruuuuuth,,,,Ruuuuth.....
The guy looks ay the bartender and says
I told you ....
The bartender says.
here ,,,take your drink and get the *&%$ out of here...
The guy drinks his brew and leaves...
As they walk out the door the dog looks up at the man and says....
MAn,,, that guy was pissed,,,? You think I should have said Dimaggio???

Hah, hah , blah blah,,,,
What a joke....
What's the criteria these days for owning/working at a fish store????????

Could someone bring me a glass of water????
Please?
I need to go to bed.........................................
Good night.

J.

A

Anonymous

The a$$holes e-mail system will probably overload. This topic is on all of the BB's, so I just sent him a quik e-mail explaining my complete digust with the subject, and the link to the posts on all the BB's.

------------------
Visit the newest site for aquariums @ http://www.reefland.com

A

Anonymous

I asked for a patent # and haven't gotten a response...how odd.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Randy,
After reading the patent description I feel a lot worse...

------------------
you spent WHAT?!

A

Anonymous

I saw this guys ad in FAMA last night. One would think they would have some sort of standards that their advertisers must abide by.

Shows how much they put the mighty dollar over integrity, I think a few letters to the editor may be called for...

A

Anonymous

Just look at what this people are doing This store is selling freshwater perculas!!
I just can not understand the mentality of these people it just makes me.
mad.gif

http://www.fish-o-rama.com/index.htm

I read about it on RC and thought you all should see it as it has not been added here yet.
http://www.reefcentral.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005067.html
http://www.aqualink-too.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/029927.html
Martyn

[This message has been edited by martynhulyer (edited 13 June 2000).]

A

Anonymous

Aquapete:

I'm a patent lawyer, and I would love to take a look at that book you have. Could you summarize briefly the process disclosed in the book? Publisher info would also be helpful.

If anyone else has articles, books or knowledge regarding acclimation to fresh water, please post the info here.

Thanks in advance.

ReefLion

A

Anonymous

ReefLion:

I'll take a look at the book when I get home and post tomorrow. Or, if you would prefer, drop me an e-mail and I'll reply off-board.

A

Anonymous

ReefLion,

What are you thinking, trying to invalidate his patent by siting prior art?

Regards,

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott D Passe (edited 13 June 2000).]

A

Anonymous

Aquapete & ReefLion:

Let me know what you come up with (I am a patent lawyer as well).

Wrasse

A

Anonymous

Scott:

Beyond supplying the patent, I don't think I have much to contribute. FWIW, I do a lot of patent and other searches, so finding it was easy.

I do think it is pretty much a waste of time to put saltwater and freshwater fish together, even if the animals did not suffer and die. If I patented a process of putting a hyena, a polar bear, and a gorilla in the same cage, would that make it a good thing to do? Would you go to a zoo just to see that wonder????

As to invalidating the patent, if the published procedure was substantially the same, that would certainly do it. If the new process were different in some important respect that wasn't obvious (in advance) to average aquarists, then it would likely stand.

FWIW, the patent office frequently makes mistakes on patents. I've had to adandon some of my own because I found prior art that neither I nor the patent office new about in advance of issueing. A book from the 1920's that isn't in an electronic database would be especially likely to escape notice.

Wow, I didn't know we had so many patent lawyers around <G>.

------------------
Randy Holmes-Farley

[This message has been edited by Randy Holmes-Farley (edited 13 June 2000).]

A

Anonymous

Randy,

I notice that you did not comment of this subject. I take it that it is beneath comment?

Regards,

Scott

A

Anonymous

i actually have a fish book published in the 20s or 30s that describes the process for acclimating percula clowns and blue damsels to freshwater...the author (someone i'd never heard of) suggested that the blue damsels were easier to keep than the percs because they were easier to acclimate to fw, but he had done both.

for that matter, i had a friend who acclimated a freshwater angelfish to saltwater over about a month to put in a reef tank for an aquarium society show. it didn't live very long, maybe a month after the show.

A

Anonymous

This store is actually near me. I went to it once. Their so-called saltwater tanks/reef tanks were black with algae, not to mention the place was filthy. You couldn't even see through the front of the tanks and some tanks didn't even have the lights on at 3 p.m. I vowed never to go back. The funny thing is, in FAMA they advertise in the State listings that they have corals and give reef lessons? The outfit is a joke. Wouldn't give them a dime.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: