• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was wondering, how one would go about feeding fish like flounder? The flow in my tank prevents anything from settling to the bottom, hence the trouble. Is there any meaty foods that stay put on the bottom?

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
take a spot feeder, or just a turkey baster and squirt whatever you feed them in their direction. if you feed them krill or something that wouldnt fit in a turkey baster, try tongs but try not to get metal ones.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Harif, you can try holding the food in place as I did when starting my eels on captive feeding. They worked for me. I don't know if you have the time to stand there, but if all else fails you can try these.
Click here: Planted Aquarium Plant Care: Aquatic Gardener
Yeah i have this tube-like item that i can use to spot feed... going to test it out this weekend... the problem is, that alot of times theyre behind the rockwork where i cant get em..

Alrha, havent used pellets only because theyre usually veggie-based and not too high in quality... these guys need more meaty foods.

These guys are still babies so i might move em to my 20 gallon temporarily... here are some pics for your enjoyment:
P4190299.jpg

P4190298.jpg

P4160283.jpg

Just to give an idea of their size..
P4160284.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Harif, I also have that tube like instrument. I don't like it. It is not as easy to use as the tong link I posted. I like them much better. Check them out. I also think it is a good idea to put them in a smaller tank since they are so small. Best of all with them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: