Reefer22

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, I just purchased a yellow tang from my LFS. As soon as I floated the bag in my tank to acclimate the temperature, under my light I noticed three pimple like marks on the right side of his body. Didn’t notice this in the store when purchasing. He is in QT now. Can someone offer some help on what this might be?

Thank you!

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer22

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks. He is not scratching and seems to be eating rather quickly. Not skittish. All seems normal until I noticed under my lights. How long do I treat for?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Honestly it's hard to see in the pics...although it could be ich, to make that diagnosis is maybe a little premature. If its 3 dots and their all on one side of the body its seems a little unlikely.

I would monitor closely before treating anything. Observe its behavior, eating, swimming and obviously look for signs of the disease progressing. Grab a small assortment of meds to have in the house..an antibiotic, an antifungal and a bottle of Cupramine. All good to have on hand when running a QT. If it worsens begin dosing.

I've had fish in QT that had fin rot and lesions on its body..ran a course of antibiotics with little to no effect. Tried a course of antifungal and it cleared right up.

Point is if your gonna have a QT, be ready to treat a variety of issues.

Reefer22

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Just to update with more info, yesterday the LFS referred to it as stress marks and not ich. Having said that I had already started a treatment with ich-x. Before the treatment and during (day2 now) he has been eating fine. Swimming fine, and overall just looks ok. The two smaller welts can’t be seen anymore and the larger one looks less angry but it is still there. It looks flat to the naked eye. Doesn’t seem like it is ich and it doesn’t look like it’s getting worse but it is still there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: