• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D Rose

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok so I have a 90 gallon reef set up and want to start buying some softies for the tank. However I have a pesky Blue Damsel in there from the days of the tank being a predator tank. He is attacking my strawberry dottyback and I want the damsel out. Anyone have a clue on home to catch a Blue Damsel n a 90 gallon tank with 100lbs of rock work? Haha, thanks if you ahve any cool ideas.

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Like deanos suggested, search for someone who would lend you a trap. I gave up on that idea and took everything out of my 65g to catch the blue devil damsel. Took awhile to rearrange that rock work but it looks better now than when the damsel was in the tank. The damsel became too tough for the other fish i got.

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
The pitch black method has worked wonder for me. The trap was taking too long. The key to success is keeping the area devoid of light except your flash light. Some fish actually follow your flash light in pitch black darkness.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
TAKE A GATORAIDE BOTTLE AND CUT THE END OFF OF IT POKEA HOLE TIE A STRING TO IT, PUT FOOD IN THE BOTTLE LET IT SINK AND SIT AND WATCH, FISH WILL GO IN AFTER THE FOOD AND SNATCH THE LINE UP AND PULL THE BOTTLE OUT, HAVE CAUGHT ALL MY FISH THIS WAY, FROM SMALL TANGS TO WRASSE;S ECT, TOTAL COST .99 AND GOT A DRINK OUT OF IT ALSO:shhh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: