Tito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ANd all this time I thought this was a Yellow Coris Wrasse....

oh wait...it is!

Halichoeres chrysus (Yellow Coris Wrasse)
792_Halichoeres_chrysusAQ2.tif.jpg

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
Following Randy observation I made a search for Halichoeres trispilus colour morphs and ended up finding that there seems to be a mistake in the identification such as Randy mentions, have a look here and here and here ...well here is an example of how good it is to share information:)...any way Halichoeres genus is reputed to eat flat worms, perhaps some species are more effective in that task, more gluttonus for flat worms:tongue1: than others, but still a possible good approach to control flat worms and a beautiful fish to keep. Over here on this side of the Atlantic Ocean, we resort to this fish many times for that purpose. Also Scott W. Michael in is Marine Fishs Guide Book ISBN 1-890087-38-6 mentions this charateristic of Halichoeres genus fishes in pages 294 and 295 which extends also to the dreaded pyramidellid snails that attack tridacid clams

Scott W. Michael said:
Will feed on fire worms, pyramidellid snails (which are parasites of tridacnid clams) and flat worms

CHEMCHEF I cross fingers for your wrasse to show up.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
As for jumping I took a good look around the tank a couple of hundred times(NO IM NOT OBSESSED):rolleyes:, and didnt see him.
My wife swears she saw him a few days ago, so I hope she is right.
I'll keep you all posted

Your wife just might be right. When mine were hiding out my Yellow Coris (H. chyrus) did come out of the sand for a few seconds every now & then and went right straight back in, so you never know! Do you possibly have another fish in there that might be intimidating the wrasse?
Sorry about the jack Nanchil!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: