• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
HEY AM ABOUT TO BUT A BLUE SPOTED STINGRAY IS THE WATER SOPPOSE TO BE A CERTAIN TEMP WAT FOOD THEY EAT HOW DO I KNOW IF MY WATER IS ESTAB, ECT.... I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IF ANY ONE OWNS ONE OR KNOWS ALOT ABOUT THEM PLEASE HELP ME OUT THANX:irked:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
How old is your set up? What size is your set up?

Honestly (and don't take this the wrong way) ... you should be doing a little more research on your creatures (at least you didn't buy it first then ask these questions) and not rely on any site for people to answer your questions, because a lot of that info can be WRONG.

Here is a little bit of info for you in either case.
http://www.arkive.org/blue-spotted-stingray/taeniura-lymma/info.html

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
sorry to be a jerk but honestly the amount of knowledge posted in those first 2 comments geared me to believe this was a joke.

i would suggest reading ALOT.

to start a two week tank isn't ready for anything especially a stingray.

what kind of equipment do you have?
what type of filtration do you have?
do you have liverock?
do you have test kits?
do you have a sandbed? if so how deep? what kind of sand?

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
HEY AM ABOUT TO BUT A BLUE SPOTED STINGRAY IS THE WATER SOPPOSE TO BE A CERTAIN TEMP WAT FOOD THEY EAT HOW DO I KNOW IF MY WATER IS ESTAB, ECT.... I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IF ANY ONE OWNS ONE OR KNOWS ALOT ABOUT THEM PLEASE HELP ME OUT THANX:irked:

Inneed, this forum is a really good resource. If you rush into buying this expensive and LIVING animal with your current knowledge, you are going to be throwing your money away. Read a lot more (all the information is FREE and easily available using the search function). If you are not willing to put in the research you will 100% be dealing with a dead stingray in due time. Good luck. A good starting point besides doing the research would be by putting all of your tank details in this post and then people would be more willing to help you.

James

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
HEY AM ABOUT TO BUT A BLUE SPOTED STINGRAY IS THE WATER SOPPOSE TO BE A CERTAIN TEMP WAT FOOD THEY EAT HOW DO I KNOW IF MY WATER IS ESTAB, ECT.... I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IF ANY ONE OWNS ONE OR KNOWS ALOT ABOUT THEM PLEASE HELP ME OUT THANX
You are correct...before you buy a live animal... PLEASE...YOU NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! IMO...Postpone this purchase.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
dont even bother... blue spotted stingrays are known to only live 6 months to a year in captivity. u might have better luck with a cortez.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
also make sure there are no traces of copper... i would keep LR in a sump and only fine sand no crushed coral or anything like that in there DT... good luck!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You need to cycle a tank before you add anything to it - that takes from 4-6 WEEKS.

You asked in your first post about 'established' water (this term is usually used in regard to the tank, not just the water) - figure 1 to 2 YEARS before a tank is truly 'established'.

Do you realize how poisonous the ray is that you are asking about?

You also do not mention a skimmer - do you have one?

If this is going to be your first SW tank, as suggested, you have a lot of reading yet to do to learn how to set one up and what is required from the get-go :)

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
i started my 38 gal like 2 weeks ago i use live rock live sand and bactira to establish my tank i added eel and fish like 20 mins after tank setup and i bought the salt water i didnt make it fish r happy n eating good i was hopeing i could do the same for the 150 gal????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: