fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
if its a naso your just stressing it more by putting it in a qt they always get those big white spots when they get scared or something.
Thats not true. If a tang has "white spots" its ich and its not supposed to happen all the time.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Most of the time its better to try and feed the fish with garlic enriched or soaked foods and using a product like Selcon. Pulling a sick fish from the display usually stresses them out even more, which lowers the immune system, and allows the disease to become that much stronger. Its all about the fishes immune system! If you can keep a fish stress free and well feed, it will defeat the ich on its own.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
If the fish already has Ich, then you should definitely take it out into a QT. Trying to treat Ich by feeding it garlic is like trying to fight off the flu with vitamin pills. I rather take drugs to fight off the flu then try to boost my immune system. Garlic is an excellent preventative measure, but its not a treatment.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Wouldn't the tank STILL have ich in it???
At least to the life cycle is complete...... The way I got rid of ich before was raising the temp so to speed up the life cycle, treat it with meds, and feed it with garlic....and not intrudes any other fish for like 8 weeks.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Ohh didn't know that, :) I guess it's back to reading for me lol :)
For the sake of discussion,

If the tank does not have low temperature demanding animals, raising the temperature in the system helps the fish's metabolism a lot and thus help them fight off diseases. I have an LFS friend, he like to keep one of his saltwater fish tank at temperature even higher than regular fresh water tanks. The fish in that tank are a lot more active than the ones kept in his other tanks at our preferred temperature.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: