piranha/arowana question - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Freshwater  /  piranha/arowana question
piranha/arowana question
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry if i am in the wrong place Im just taking a shot in the dark. Anyone know if i can put my 4 nice red belly piranhas that are about 8 inches in with my 3 foot arowana and a smaller 12 inch arowana ? I would LOVE to combine the 2 tanks. THANKS! oh..the piranhas are very well fed so do not get very agressive they often dont even go for feeders.

07-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Do you have a permit for the piranhas?

I wouldn't mix them, there are very few fish that can go with piranhas and even they are a gamble.

Feel free to contact us at anytime with questions or anything else you may need.

www.AquaticExhibitsIntl.com

Vendor Thread Here

Email: Jared@AquaticExhibitsIntl.com

Join us on our Facebook page for exclusive deals and event announcements only available to our friends!

Psycho-ologist
07-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm impressed that you've been able to keep a school of Pirahas as I've read that they tend to pick each other off like chromis.

I wouldn't combine the two tanks - that would be just begging to lose some fish.

Chairman of the board
07-11-2011, 04:56 PM
maybe possible in a 500 gal n up tank.

07-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Thank you for the responses. The red bellies have been together since they were about a half inch and I lost a bunch when they were smaller, but they have been good for atleast 2 years. I would be willing to bet they would get along fine in a 500 gal w/ my arowanas but how dumb would I feel if anything did happen so I will leave it be.
btw, I am keeping them in New Jersey so a permit is not needed. Thanks again.
btw, just thought I would share I have TWO HUGE PURPLE GIGAS CLAMS that are over 20 and 25 inches long, have had them for almost 5 years they are outgrowing my 180 gal, they are my babies.

Psycho-ologist
07-12-2011, 01:48 PM
PICS of the clams please!!