ZephNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry if i am in the wrong place Im just taking a shot in the dark. Anyone know if i can put my 4 nice red belly piranhas that are about 8 inches in with my 3 foot arowana and a smaller 12 inch arowana ? I would LOVE to combine the 2 tanks. THANKS! oh..the piranhas are very well fed so do not get very agressive they often dont even go for feeders.

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm impressed that you've been able to keep a school of Pirahas as I've read that they tend to pick each other off like chromis.

I wouldn't combine the two tanks - that would be just begging to lose some fish.

ZephNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for the responses. The red bellies have been together since they were about a half inch and I lost a bunch when they were smaller, but they have been good for atleast 2 years. I would be willing to bet they would get along fine in a 500 gal w/ my arowanas but how dumb would I feel if anything did happen so I will leave it be.
btw, I am keeping them in New Jersey so a permit is not needed. Thanks again.
btw, just thought I would share I have TWO HUGE PURPLE GIGAS CLAMS that are over 20 and 25 inches long, have had them for almost 5 years they are outgrowing my 180 gal, they are my babies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: