partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone!
I just got back from the petshop so I wanted to post pix of my new fish and shrimp.
I bought 9 neon tetras
6 threadfin rainbow that were in the tank with the shirmp
and 6 endlanders. You all were so right about the endlanders. I also bout 9 cherry shrimp.
All of the fish I bought are tiny most less than a quarter of an inch if that big.
Here are some pix will post more tomorrow when they have settled in.
Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• new fish 001.jpg
    new fish 001.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 188

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks Wingo and Jeff
The guy said he had no females left but I thin there may be 2 in there. Two def look different than the others. I asked for 2 male and the rest female but that was all he had. I hope the neon's weren't mislabeled? I cant tell the apart unless they are next to each other. They all ate the thread fins seem a little picky so Im going to go buy some frozen tomorrow. Not sure what kind of frozen they would like? The shrimp were all out and about as soon as I put them in the tank. Wish I would have gotten more shrimp but ran out of money :-(

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
IMO the cardinals look better as they have much better color (specially the red) than neons.
Female endler's are just plain silver with a black dot on their anal area. They don't develop coloration like the males do. Either you have a female or just a young male still developing its colors.
Maybe you can try some frozen cyclops. I feed all my fishes that or the Hikari micro pellets.
How much did they charge you for shrimp?

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi jeff
just got back from petland discount bought ammonia kit figured I had asked them enough to check it for me. The test showed 0 ammonia so thats great. I got 6 shrimp for 25$. I def want more so maybe next pay check Ill take another trip over

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Haha.. Yeah why no female endler?
Nice choice of fishes. Good thing they have em in stock at fishtown.
Those are some nice reds on the neons. Kinda like a cardinal tetra.

Even though much better looking, cardinals could be harder for him as the tank is kind of young and that wild caught cardinals sometimes do not eat dry food in new tanks.

BTW, if you know any one who has been successful to bred cardinals in captivity, lmk, I want some from them.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Partobe,

The five Endlers in the pic are definitely male, I did not see a 6th, so cannot tell.

If you come by, I have a female (opps missed the word "Endlers") to trade.

Also, in your quest for fish, did you see this cherry barb or this Albino Cherry Barb in any store? They basically the only non aggressive barbs. I bred the cherry barb before and want to bred some Albino ones lately.

Last edited:

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Wingo
Fishtown has some nice looking cherry barbs 2 for 5$ I almost bought some but I wasnt sure if they would go after the shrimp. Im not sure it would be good to introduce one female to six males might be too much for her. Im not sure if the are neon's or not but they are def eating. The thread-fins would eat the flake but spit it out. I put some frozen food in I had from my salt water tanks and they ate that right up. I bought some freeze dried blood worms and some frozen mysis shrimp. I had tried either out yet I dont want to over feed.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
@wingo - I'll try to check around. You probably are right about the cardinals being less hardy in a young tank. Most cardinals in LFS around the area may be wild caught. I'll check in a local LFS here where they get their cardinals. Been a long while since I went to them.

Ive tried cherry barbs before and sad to say it just made a meal out of some cherry shrimps.
I also have a few female endler's to trade and some red cherry shrimps to spare. The female will be ok as long as you have lots of spcaes she can hide into when chased. I try to keep my female population low so as not to overfill the 20g with endler's.

Keeping Dwarf shrimps really limits the fish species you can chosse from if they are to be housed together.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
@wingo - I'll try to check around. You probably are right about the cardinals being less hardy in a young tank. Most cardinals in LFS around the area may be wild caught. I'll check in a local LFS here where they get their cardinals. Been a long while since I went to them.

Ive tried cherry barbs before and sad to say it just made a meal out of some cherry shrimps.
I also have a few female endler's to trade and some red cherry shrimps to spare. The female will be ok as long as you have lots of spcaes she can hide into when chased. I try to keep my female population low so as not to overfill the 20g with endler's.

Keeping Dwarf shrimps really limits the fish species you can chosse from if they are to be housed together.

If you are willing to trade some male Endlers, I have baby zebra danio and baby platty. The zerbra that born and grow up in the same tank with the shrimps do not bother the CRS babies.

But I am not sure about the platty babies, they never see a shrimp before.

@partobe
I also have new plant (Rotala sp. Singapore) to give you.

Last edited:

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Wingo
I think Im going to just stick to the types of fish that I have now. I dont mind trading males for female. I have 2 zebra that I cycled my tank with and they seem to bother the threadfins from time to time so def dont want any of those.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wingo
do you have a few female? I would hate for either of us to have to travel just for one fish. Jeff seems to have several but he is even further than you. Will they breed with female guppies? I didnt see if petland has some females and thats only a block away from me. I have no idea what the zebras are but will take a pic. The problem is catching them I was going to catch them and bring them back to the lps but I couldn't too quick and I was stressing the new fish out.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Wingo
do you have a few female? I would hate for either of us to have to travel just for one fish. Jeff seems to have several but he is even further than you. Will they breed with female guppies? I didnt see if petland has some females and thats only a block away from me. I have no idea what the zebras are but will take a pic. The problem is catching them I was going to catch them and bring them back to the lps but I couldn't too quick and I was stressing the new fish out.

I can trade upto 3 females. People prefer not to cross breed with guppies but said they can do that. I think this has to do with some higher end Endlers are way more valuable than guppies in price. I have seen Endlers pairs that are $25+. They are REALLY AMAZING. It actually reflect light so strong that you turn your eyes away for a second-NO KIDDING. In less than a week, the LFS was all out of them. There were like 50 of them.

Last edited:

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Wingo
I would love to trade males for females. I was wonderif you would mind coming to me? The light I bought from you last week the wires have come out so I was hoping maybe you could fix it for me? Also if we can catch the zebras they are yours for your trouble?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: