partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone!
I have a 36 gallon planted tank with whats considered med light. My tank has been up and running for about 4 months now. Last week I bought a drop checker and it says my co2 is insufficient but Im counting 1-2 bubbles per second coming into the diffuser. Im starting to get algae on some of my plants. I dose 2x a week. I run my lights and co2 for about 10 hrs a day. Right now my fish are swimming and playing as normal none are at the top gasping for air. Im thinking I should turn the co2 up?
Thanks
Patrick

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Jeff
so far so good. It's still in the green this am. Its the darker of the 2 greens but still green. Since I leave next thur for vac Im going to leave things the way they are. I have someone coming in to feed the fish but she would have no idea about co2. My new cylinder arrived!!

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Hi Jeff
so far so good. It's still in the green this am. Its the darker of the 2 greens but still green. Since I leave next thur for vac Im going to leave things the way they are. I have someone coming in to feed the fish but she would have no idea about co2. My new cylinder arrived!!
make sure you have a measuring spoon ready and the EXACT instruction of feeding amount-people tends to over feed.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
+1 ^^
Plus you can just have them feed your tank every couple of days or lesser.
I tend to have my tank underfed when I'm out and somebody else is doing the feeding so that if they decide to "add a little more", you have a bit of a leeway.
Better yet, You can use one of those pill boxes labeled each day of the weekk. You can put in pre measured amounts of the food.
Edit: those ketchup containers work too.:wink1:

Observe if the drop checker darkens or changes color to high co2 levels until before you leave to make sure everything is stable.
If in doubt, You may want to lessen it just to be on the safe side.

You might want to put in some water in your bubble counter for more accurate bps count.
You can turn off your co2, detach hose so a little tank water backflows to fill up the counter until about 2/3 full then re-attach the hose back and let CO2 run again.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
+1 ^^
Plus you can just have them feed your tank every couple of days or lesser.
I tend to have my tank underfed when I'm out and somebody else is doing the feeding so that if they decide to "add a little more", you have a bit of a leeway.
Better yet, You can use one of those pill boxes labeled each day of the weekk. You can put in pre measured amounts of the food.
Edit: those ketchup containers work too.:wink1:

Observe if the drop checker darkens or changes color to high co2 levels until before you leave to make sure everything is stable.
If in doubt, You may want to lessen it just to be on the safe side.

You might want to put in some water in your bubble counter for more accurate bps count.
You can turn off your co2, detach hose so a little tank water backflows to fill up the counter until about 2/3 full then re-attach the hose back and let CO2 run again.
Thanks Howez
I will try the drop checker when I get home from vac. Right now it seems stable so I want to leave well enough alone. It's been green for the lasst cpl of days. Plus I just got my new cylinder in so Ill be switching over to it soon :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: