KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
On Tuesday 2/14 the Nassau County Aquarium Society will be having their general meeting at Molloy College in Rockville Centre in the new 'Public Square Building' starting at 8 PM.

The guest speaker will be Chuck Davis presenting the topic: "Gizmo's, Gadgets and Other Good Ideas".

Directions can be found here:
http://www.ncasweb.org/directions.php

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I am so upset with all the clubs being so far away from me, Brooklyn, Long Island and ...!

Kathy, do you know of any Queens fish/aquarium clubs?

Of course I do Wingo ;)
You have Greater City Aquarium Society that meets just down a few blocks from your home at the Queens Botanical Gardens on the 1st Wed of each month :)

Currently Greater City is on a Winter break - they take off the months of January & February and resume their meetings in March.

I would be more than happy to post the info for each of the meetings of the 4 local NYC/LI clubs each month here on our FW forum and also let everyone know who/what the speaker/topic will be for that meeting.

All of the local club operate in a similar way..we each have a speaker give a presentation and then usually a small raffle or Auction of goods the members donate. Most clubs also have a Bowl Show (members are invited to bring in a fish from home that best meets the 'standards' for that fish type. Yearly an award is given to the member with the most 'Bowl Show' points. Most of the clubs also give a years award to the member with the most proven 'Breeder Points'.

If anyone would like info about those FW clubs, I would be happy to provide it, just drop me a PM.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The March meeting is Tuesday 3/13 and the speaker is Mark Soberman talking about 'Breeding & raising Corydoras Catfish'.
The meeting starts at 8 PM and is at Molloy College in Rockville Centre.
Directions to the venue can be found here:
www.ncasweb.org
on the Directions Tab.

Thanks

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I didn't think you was supposed to put clubs on this forum I though a year ago ppl got banned for it. I think its a good idea for us reef freaks I hope in the future all local clubs are welcomed

Sent from my MB860 using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: