Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
American Cichlids with African Cichlids ?The reason for asking is i've failed on numerour occasions when i didn't know any better but manage to breed them both successfully in separate tanks.

Last edited:

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
yea it was an adaptation thing.. took a while,, i wont add any new fish bc i got them all adapted over time.. my green terrors breed all the time, same with my oscars.. my african peacocks do the dance but havent gone any farther.. but whever they lay eggs the placco gets them

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
yea it was an adaptation thing.. took a while,, i wont add any new fish bc i got them all adapted over time.. my green terrors breed all the time, same with my oscars.. my african peacocks do the dance but havent gone any farther.. but whever they lay eggs the placco gets them
:yeah:, the good old days, oh i miss those days :lol2:.I had Jack Dempsey ,Green and Gold Severum that use to breed in my tank too, not to mention the Africans Cichilds. :wow:

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I have a green severum with my africans forever you can adapt any fish and if you don't believe it think back to our wonderful swap and the saltwater mollies. IF you weren't there go to petco lol

Back to the lovely young ladie's question.. there is not many interesting fish you can put in a 30 gallon. A 30 would be good to BREED something if that interested you as a project/experiment. Long term there is not much, personally the only fw fish I like are cichlids.. africans especially because they have nice color like sw fish. You could start off in there but def have to upgrade soon. UNLESSSS you got shell dwellers which would probably be good for you they are cute lil mini cichlids. The only thing is that they might not be so easy to find.

G'luck

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nic if you go with african cichlids go with the ones that come from Lake Tanganyika they are smaller in size and stay smaller in size wonderful colors and easy water conditions to mimic. but are a little more pricy.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Or you can go for a nice planted tank
a 29 gallon tank I had
IMG_1141.jpg

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
oooh, red devils absolutly live up to their name... i had one.. wiped out almost half a dozzen fish overnight.. it was only 2in big at the time too, and some that it got were over 5in.. crazy lil guys.. and the tiger barbs are nice in schools, but will nip the fins off anything you add after them.. go with a school of neon tetras... simple cool looking and easy to care for.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: