ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
my mom has had a sweetheart parrotfish, well i think its called a sweetheart, for about 11 years that use to live with other fish, and now has lived by its self for 3 years because it was too aggressive to others. i just realized it looks like it laid eggs? i though parrotfish did not lay eggs or whatever cause it was a mixed breed fish? should i leave them alone because i though parrot fish cannot hatch, and not to mention they are not fertile. or should i just take them out? i dont know if the eggs breakdown can spike the water or anything cause the water quality is perfect. and is it called a sweetheart? or something else. it does not have its one main fin

IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0684.jpg

fripclaksid

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ugh sometimes people go too far with the genetic manipulation. A fish without a tail? :(
You should probably take it out if she is not eating it. They will definitely not hatch anyway.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I think it's an actual breed of mixed fish, not some genetic fish. They sell them all the time in lfs. She still today lays eggs once a month, but usually eats them all within a week

johnny roastbeef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
They lay eggs all the time, but the males are usually sterile. In a day or two the eggs will start to get fungus and she will eat them as they become effected.

The fish is tailless because the breeders snip the tails off to give a heart shape to the fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: