MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
My thoughts about it is that ist quite comical lol
I use to raise lizards (geckos) that were all the rage.
They had cool names and diffrent colors that where selling for $1000 and more each.
That lasted about a year now you can get them in petco for $39.99 lol

I'm not that shalow that I need to impress other reffers with my so called high end sps.:banghead::banghead:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Well, after all he's only releasing 2 frags on R2R....

Some people just have to have the name brand item, no matter what the price is.

The think is all that is being done is you have vendors picking out corals, putting a name on them, and then making them limited editions. They then usually photo shop the hell of the coral and post it on line. They then charge high prices for something that probably isn't that rare in the first place.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
imo their is no coral or fish worth 2K, especially when they take the pic with a microscope of a camera that it won't even resemble the actual coral with the naked eye.
take the pic how it looks with the naked eye.
when i see pics taken like that i just move on.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Same people who buy Kanye west sneakers for $2,000 spend $4,000 on frags. God bless em

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Not an acro. More like a monti "setosa" type crap. I can understand business but $2k for a 1/2" frag of a butt ugly coral ?!? "I been drinking, I been drinking watermelon"

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I have a mini colony of Avengers that I paid a nice sum for a 1/2" frag and it is not as special as a pearlberry or some other stuff in my tank that I paid $30 for. It's all a mirage. It doesn't warrant a $2k price tag even if you had to dive 3000' to get it. No one garantees that it will keep that color, shape or even live in your tank. Even if you gave me a 14 day stay alive on that $2k piece and I still wouldn't get it!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
they built a name with high prices so every coral they sell they can charge. They have frags that are no different then Kevin's at petwarehouse and they are asking 200 for them. I rather give 2000 to Kevin and he can hook me up with anything that I want

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
It seems like they have just added a new frag up forsale DDay acro at a much less valuable price 400 this time for a 1" frag but there shipping has gone up 20 bucks I believe if I'm not mistaken it was 29 with the other sps frag now it's 49 lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: