• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

veronique

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
:splitspin Hi everybody,

My name is Veronique,

I used to live in Kenya and had a marine tank for 5 years (full of fish, anemone, soft coral, invertebre...) I would surf the waves to get all of them with small nets and would not need to surf the web.

I moved to the US just a year ago and I'm just starting two tanks one fish and one reef, here forget about swimming and catching fish.
I have been curing live rocks for three weeks (couldn't believe the price of the rocks) this will be the fish tank (60G), I have add black snails and barnacles from Mamaroneck beach (westchester) which are doing fine.

I have an other tank (55G) already running, lived rock cured with an Heteractis crispa anemone and a clarki in it chasing an other one away if he get to close from it, 2 false percula (all the clowns are getting along), 1 yellow tang and a juv. imperator which is the chief of the tank, plus one reef safe blue star fish plus the usual cleaner (hermits, snails).
The black snails (from Mamaroneck) seems to have reproduce on my tank, full of eggs this morning (perhaps because of the warm temperature, they think it's summer).

Anyway once my fish tank is ready I will transform this one as a reef, for the moment I just have some yellow polys, I don't know the name.
I'm not an expert on coral, I just had soft one in my tank in Kenya and will have to learn about it, your club seems to be a good start.
Will help me also to start my reef tank in buying from all of you.

That's all for today
Thanks
VERO

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Veronique,

Welcome to the party! Wow Kenya, I would enjoy hearing about Kenya during one of our next hang outs, if you get a chance!

Thanks,

E

Hotwheels

Hotwheels
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Welcome Vero, Like master swimmer said, please feel free to share your collection experiences with us. All reefers have a home here...

Nelson

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: