• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK- so I am going to test this one out..

I have no more snails in my tank- mantis has killed them all. There is no one left. All the hermits are gone. Everything is dead...

Drums, Drums in the deep...

(yes a LOTR reference - but the mantis sounds much like it due to the annoying clicks I hear every two seconds...)

Anway- I bought a small trap a couple of months ago- its the kind the prey is supposed to walk over the lever and trigger the trap. Well the mantis is too smart and avoided the trap like the plague.

I left the trap in the tank since then- I am hoping he has now become acclimated to its being there all the time. I am thinking of siliconing some live snails as bait in the back, behind the lever... he has to be hungry now since there hasn't been much to munch on...

Has anyone tried this before?

Anyone in Manhattan have a few snails I could um, 'borrow'? If I catch the mantis he's yours if you want him! (he is smart- be careful)

Otherwise I belive I have a long waiting list of people who have wanted this guy for quite a while now...if he's alive that is after i get to him :skull:

if i can't get him it looks like I will just wait until I move in a few months- then he's not getting back into my tank :tank:

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Dude I would be worried about putting a mantis in a pico tank, unless that pico tank had really thick glass LOL

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
yes you may eat it :lol: i actually will give it to you over anyone else if you will!!!!

I would appreciate the snails- could either of you guys meet around bryant park or grand central? if not no big deal, I'll come to you guys when i get a chance- thanks!!

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
yes you may eat it :lol: i actually will give it to you over anyone else if you will!!!!

I would appreciate the snails- could either of you guys meet around bryant park or grand central? if not no big deal, I'll come to you guys when i get a chance- thanks!!

I can meet you in Manhattan next week. This week I can only wait for you in brooklyn at my new cafe.

call me to arrange 347 739 2411
(I will be out of town this SAT)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: