Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woooow This thing is Long im going crazy reading lol
I was there and herd and saw everything!!!
leoent Is correct when he said that Owner could only sell him 5 boxes of water at the time. But what he forgot to write was that The Owner had told that they had gotten a terrific response to the water sale. And that He was afraid that they wouldn't have enough in stock for all of the MR Members. Owner also told leoent that seeing as he's a local person. That when the next shipment came in this week even if the water was no longer on sale Owner would give him the sale price. He was being unfair to the other MR Members which is not right. i herd leoent telling Nelson that he was the Same person that bash AQUARIUM VILLAGE one time when they were living the store ...
In My view i beleave OP is taking avantage of any sale out there..
And need to think about What the Owner told him about other member here!!and that they are getting a shipment this week and that they are going to honor the sale ...he should said cool I live with that ...
Op has a history of bashing store

TorchBearer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
the other side

There always 2 sides to a story. From my understanding, because of the overwhelming
response of the water sale. Alan would let him buy 5 boxes now, so that more members
can share in this great deal. And in the next shipment of water he hold 5 boxes for him.
I know its hard to make everyone happy being in any kind of business. I think this bashing should stop now. If your happy with the store support them,If not move on.

Reer23

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, the customer is always right!!! I worked in the food industry for 30 years and I was taught on my first day the customer is never wrong, almost got fired for being dumb!!!

Also we have so many better stores to shop at!!!

infinity1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on the owners to respond !!!! I'm a newbie and clueless to alot of things when it comes to aquariums and fish, but not to sales nor customer service. I personally was not satisfied with my experience. Just don't understand why this thread is 5+ pages long and no one from the establishment has not responded!!!!! Suspect in my eyes!!!!

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Now this makes much sense. I have never been to this shop but now I am going just to show them some support...

Woooow This thing is Long im going crazy reading lol
I was there and herd and saw everything!!!
leoent Is correct when he said that Owner could only sell him 5 boxes of water at the time. But what he forgot to write was that The Owner had told that they had gotten a terrific response to the water sale. And that He was afraid that they wouldn't have enough in stock for all of the MR Members. Owner also told leoent that seeing as he's a local person. That when the next shipment came in this week even if the water was no longer on sale Owner would give him the sale price. He was being unfair to the other MR Members which is not right. i herd leoent telling Nelson that he was the Same person that bash AQUARIUM VILLAGE one time when they were living the store ...
In My view i beleave OP is taking avantage of any sale out there..
And need to think about What the Owner told him about other member here!!and that they are getting a shipment this week and that they are going to honor the sale ...he should said cool I live with that ...
Op has a history of bashing store

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ok I'm not posting on Pet Aquatic login name I'm posting on my personal login!!!!Yes we had over 60 containers of water when you called 3 times, but when you came in there was not enough to sell you 10-20-30.
The owner explained to you that we had received a big response about the sale we had on water from not 1 but over 10+ loyal Manhattan reef members. A lot of Manhattan Reef members came in to take advantage of the great sale price on the water.You were told we would honor the sale price on the next shipment for you... That seemed really fair to me and other members that support our business.. What will the other members say if there was not a piece of 4.4 Nutriwater left in the store.. It was a last minute decision the owner made to make sure everyone would have the chance to take advantage of the sale.He was going to bring the massive amount of call to my attention but we were so busy that day at Pets Aquatic. We make things happen for all members. I'd like to Personally thank everyone that knows me and is supporting this new business (Pets Aquatic)!!!
I came from Maxreef aka maximum reef aquatic or central aquarium or tropical ...David also comes from Maxreef!!
I've seen a lot of people in the past bashing stores and I always wonder why??? I used to be a customer of plenty of stores in the tristate area(I'm not giving names because a lot of you support them and are loyal to their favorite store) some stores treated me like I was no one or ignored me !! But I kept supporting them because i was hoping 1 day they will get better..
I'm a father of a 7 year old boy and a father of a unborn 7 month child. I always say to myself why bash a store? If the employees that work there are people i know or are giving great advise and customer service. This is unbelievable to me!!!!. I work hard everyday to support my family ..and I love this great hobby .. I have met and advised some crazy customers in the past and it seems some customers only wait for sales before they will come in.We treat our customers with dignity, patience and respect. We are here to help with any questions, concerns or special orders. We do everything in our power to make our customers happy.
The op is right and was told because his a local customer that we will honor the sale price on our next shipment.

Happy Holidays
Thank you
NELSON THE ONE THAT MAKE THINGS HAPPEN

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I was a former owner of a small bussiness for 38 years when you put out lost leaders it is to give customers a deal and maybe gain a new customer.Sometimes we would get customers like you who would come in just for the sale items and nothing else. Well you cant stay in bussiness with customer like that it dosnt pay the rent and in no time your out of bussiness. I would have done the same thing as this owner did Their are other people who would like the deal also not just one greedy customer who wants it all.He is better off without you because.You starting this thread are giving him a bad name because you are greedy.You should have thought about that before you posted.By the way I have never been to this store so I am not a customer but I take it personally seeing post out their about this store or any store for that matter.The moderator should take it down

Last edited:

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
Yes I am also a small business. While the customer is always right in a prefect world. As a small business he misjudged how many waters he would sell and didn't buy enough While he might of said before the sale there was no limit. He changed his mine at the last minute to do best for all his customers not just one. He offered to give you the sale next week what more did you want him to do. And to the people that say it's the point. I will tell you this. Have you never changed your mind about something. Or have you never been wrong before. It's an honest mistake and he did try to make good. The op wanted to be a pig that day abd only getting 20 was going to make him happy. He didn't care if I came in later that day and didn't have water for me. I would never not go to a store over one person comment. I always try to judge people and stores on my experience not others. But I will say that sick fish with ich. Would of turned me off. I know you are a new store and where short staff. Totally get that. But you need to do better on that one. Good luck and although I live far out in Suffolk I will stop by one day

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
If he had 60 boxes in stock when the guy called I don't see how he could have had more in a store. He did the right thing by limiting the number. Legally he was good because he essentially offered the customer a raincheck on a sale. Perfectly fine.

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
First if two COSTUMERS show up at my place of business with a rental van, I'm locking the door. Unless my business is RUBIES COSTUMES

Second, if he is offering you a rain check for the next shipment it's the same thing as another greedy COSTUMER buying out the promo before you got there with a rental van. Just be glad they left you 5 boxes...

The explanation sounds like great customer service even if the COSTUMERS dis agree, even though I'm not ready to buy anything new I'm gonna take my wife on a field trip. Good luck with the store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: