• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 99.4%
168   1   0
how much

just curious. i would live to buy some large piece's but that kinda defeats the reason i got a reef tank. wanted to watch it grow so i have been buying frags. mainly polyps since they are suppose to grow fast. kinda want most of rock to eventually be covered in different one's along with a few other thing's. { that and daughter want's NEMOOOOOOO'S }

matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have well over 6k invested in my system, I would say about 5k of that was in mistakes. But the other 1k was well spent. If I charged for the time that I put into it, tack on another 10k, but that was well spent as well. :)

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think it's safe to say that most of us are in for at least 1k but less than a billion.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
347   0   0
LOL Kris is talkin **** he's an old man
cha (82).gif
"Way back in RR65 i had a mantis that wouldn't stop clickin so we did what we could, stormed the LR hill and overcame the Mantis" :lol2:

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
HOLY CRAP!!!! You must have a serious setup:bigeyes:

No, I am just a sucker
girl (18).gif

Besides, that includes all salt, food, etc...I think you guys have all spent a lot more than you think you have!

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 99.4%
168   1   0
How Much

Thats so funny house cause i say it alot or let her see price's on here but there's really only 3 place's close to me. so close to me has to be semi close. 10 mpg vehicle lol i am probably 500-600 in so far. but i got a great jump from the start, 29g high with 14" crp hob ref 50-60 lbs of live rock 2-7 yr's old. bought 2 bags of sand. moon glow and reef coral live sand. has a huge protein skimmer not sure of brand, it's old id say but it's as tall as my tank ill try to get a picture see if anyone knows what it is. has a rio 2100 pump with air tube ran off a pump into it. My pride tank is my african and that was my learn and should have just spent first time around. thats why i ask alot of questions. { if i had 6k in a tank i would have to sleep in it } so my wife says. always like to see new tanks

Attachments

• DSC01255.JPG
    DSC01255.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01257.JPG
    DSC01257.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 88

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
B. Fishy here -- oooooohwwah! Anywhay, want suggestions re a very conservative convergence. If not, then I wonder about sincerity. Bravo.
-J

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
$22,625.00 and this is how much i filed not including all the other stuff i was to lazy to file...
need to get a less expensive hobby.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: