• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

What type of skimmer do you use?

• Don't use a skimmer

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Air pump / Counter current

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Needlewheel

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Recirculating Needlewheel

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Spray Induction

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Downdraft / Beckett

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • 8 Cylinder, gas powered with dual overhead cams.

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters
C

Chiefmcfuz

I have a remora but I had to pick the 8 Cyl choice, it's just too cool :lol2:

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am running a Euro-reef cs 6-2 with a upgraded sedra 5000 pump on my 110. No problems here just set it and let it do it`s job. Zero nitrates. :wink1:

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
That because a Tunze 9010 isn't a skimmer. It's an in tank circulation inside of a box with a venturi bubble maker. I had a similar skimmer setup inside of my first sump, I called it "my drain.".
(oh snap, just kidding)

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That because a Tunze 9010 isn't a skimmer. It's an in tank circulation inside of a box with a venturi bubble maker. I had a similar skimmer setup inside of my first sump, I called it "my drain.".
(oh snap, just kidding)

Damn, you're absolutely right, man. What was I thinking, putting one on a 40 gallon tank? The couple hundred ml of skimmate it's already produced during it's break-in are clearly an aberration. I shall remedy this by immediately going out and buying a skimmer larger than a small child or, indeed, my tank.

You've been very helpful, thanks.
(oh snap, just kidding)

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Damn, you're absolutely right, man. What was I thinking, putting one on a 40 gallon tank? The couple hundred ml of skimmate it's already produced during it's break-in are clearly an aberration. I shall remedy this by immediately going out and buying a skimmer larger than a small child or, indeed, my tank.

You've been very helpful, thanks.
(oh snap, just kidding)

hahahahhahaa
:)

In all seriousness have you posted pics of it on the skimmer thread? If so I apologize for asking, that thread is a bit long I may have missed it. I'm seriously interested in pics of its skimmate as I thought about getting one a while ago. Their new line of skimmers look very promising as well.

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nah, I haven't posted any pics yet. It's just running since the weekend, so it's still just breaking in. It's producing, but Roger Vitko (Tunze USA) told me to give it a full week before it hits it's stride.

Definitely skims on the wet side, though. Skimmate is very green tea. Gimme a few more days to let it settle in and throw some photos up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: