• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i purchased a bx1 and after some thought i think i will make it a bx2. there are only two things that i need to find out before i do this.

1) can any bx2 users give me the diameter and height of their skimmer's body? if it's the same as my bx1's body then i'm one step closer to making the mod

2) i have to measure to make sure another aquabee will fit in the pump chamber

3)i know i have to make a small hole on the bottom plate so the second pump can do it it's job

is there anything else i'm missing?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have an EX-2.
If there is room for a second pump then you can go for it.
All the extra parts can be bought from petorama.net

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
:sigh: "[SIZE=-1]Our online store is currently closed for maintenance.
Please visit us again soon.
"

what is with these guys?
[/SIZE]

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
all i need is the aquabee pump and that little elbow. the elbow i can probably find @ a hardware store.

j, you know off hand what aquabee pump i need? i can't remember the model

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Different body, different diameter etc. Its just different. Dont bother. Its cheaper and easier to just buy one. Unless you like the geyser effect, then by all means add another pump. There comes a point where you can have too much water and too much bubbles in the reaction chamber. Think of it as putting a V12 engine into a VW beetle.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Even the bx3 looks the same. Until you see them all side by side. The costs of the pump and all the parts alone make the whole thing not worth it. Sell the BX1 and get the BX2 enstead. And just a little tip. Beckett Boi who went needlewheel is going back to Beckett so you will find a good deal on a BX3 soon :D

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
The money you save on buying an cheaper\inferior product from PetoRama is not worth the headache you get when dealing with them.

The DAS would be a decent skimmer for the money if they had some what of a customer service. Those peeps in TX just can't get with the technology and speed people wants to live by today. They would be fine if we lived in the 1960's :lol2:.

The H&S folks builds a solid product and their US distributer actually answers the phone every time I called with a question. Their price is cheaper than Deltec in the same size range and IMO and IME much better quality skimmer and better venturi\Eheim pump combo.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
If you must get another DAS product get an EX not the BX. I don't know why people get the BX models, they're just a waste. Horribly inefficient so to compensate they use larger pumps than the external models.

External or recirc gravity fed skimmers are SO much better. Think of your overflow, it's a tool that skims the very surface water of your tank. The surface film is the most protein laden water in your tank. You can

A. Feed that protein laden water directly into a skimmer
or
B. Drop that concentrated and protein laden water into a sump thereby diluting it, mix it up with a whole bunch of tank water and then use a large pump to grab some of this mixed up water and pump it into the skimmer.

Why choose B? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: