WTBClownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Aquarium Village yesterday for the first time in months and the place became a crap hole. Tank water was cloudy, not much livestock, empty tanjs, dead fish, sick fish and I only saw one employee you working there. Did I just catch them on a bad day or did the place go downhill?

thomashtom

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nope your right, prices high for sick fish. Tanks look like crap. . If you tell them a fish looks sick it seems like they dont care or they dont want to spend money on medicating it. I think it mainly has to do with owner. They put large angels in these small tanks which stresses them out and they die. They also price these fish way to high so they wind up sitting in these tanks until they die or someone buys a sick fish.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I was there about two months ago, and there were 2 or 3 employees, and one of them acclimating new arrivals. I bought 2 clarkii clowns at quite a good price. They are very healthy. I actually had good experience with them. Maybe it changed recently?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I go there almost twice a week and I think you may have hit them on a bad day. One employee who was a manager left and another one just lost a family member so is on leave. The angels in the small tank are being medicated.
I don't work there and have no interest in the place, but it is my favorite store by far.

Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I go there often, the manager is an awesome guy, always helping and being very attentive.
Ive bought corals there at many ocasions, and I like fancy corals, which they seem to have often. Maybe you caught them on a bad day.

The owner is ok, says hi sometimes, at others can care less if you are there.

Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will not get anything from them anymore. Every time I have gone in the fish look sick and hardly eating at all. I got one 2 clowns from them a month back and lost both within a week. :(....

Last edited:

WTBClownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go there almost twice a week and I think you may have hit them on a bad day. One employee who was a manager left and another one just lost a family member so is on leave. The angels in the small tank are being medicated.
I don't work there and have no interest in the place, but it is my favorite store by far.

Was it Rocco? I liked him.

When I say they had little livestock I mean half of their tanks were empty. Maybe something happened and wiped out a few fish.

I will check them out next week. Hopefully everything is straightend out. They are one of my favorite places. Right behind Parrots of the World in Rockville Centre. I have a near empty 600 which need some fish.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I say bad day. I was there a few weeks ago and picked up a red corris wrasse. Fish is beautiful and doing great. Went back the following week for a Royal Gramma. I made a mental note how nice everything was looking. They added a row of tanks and finished the tank where they had a worktable setup. Rich takes care of his customers and LongIslandAndy is a great hobbyist and professional. Definitely my favorite store and best coral selection on Long Island.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I say bad day. I was there a few weeks ago and picked up a red corris wrasse. Fish is beautiful and doing great. Went back the following week for a Royal Gramma. I made a mental note how nice everything was looking. They added a row of tanks and finished the tank where they had a worktable setup. Rich takes care of his customers and LongIslandAndy is a great hobbyist and professional. Definitely my favorite store and best coral selection on Long Island.
+1
My favorite LFS on the island as well. Must have been a bad day. I used to go once a week, but since the weather has started warming up, I haven't been there for at least a month.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Every store can have a bad day or a bad situation happening at a certain time.
And as far as quarantine goes you guys are seriously joking right ?
Do you really think that there is a LFS that quarantines for 21 to 30 days before they go for sale. lmao that's a joke wake up it's a business and in most situations impossible.

You quarantine your own fish if that's your thing and treat and feed them well.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
How is that the lfs fault?

I've always had good customer service.

The prices on dry goods were very inconsistent when they moved, but I think they have their system in place now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: