• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Great stuff. Thanks.

In addition to the protein skimmers and the wavemaker, water is passed through a sand filter and a "bacteria" filter (the tour guide couldn't really explain it to me)
Finally here is a picture of this little guy just because he is so cool. He had his own little tank.

Leafydragon.jpg

Probably it's the bacteria filter that are used int he fishery industry.

So sad the little guys are so rare. Would love to keep some of them.

BTW I think you should volunteer to be the tour guide

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
according to them, they are the largest auarium in the world. The tank volume on their large tank alone qualifies them as the largest. I found on their website that the reef tank is 100,000 gallons.

None of their tanks are connected to the ocean, i.e. the need for instant ocean salt.

According to their web site the tank holding the whale sharks is 263’ long x 126’ wide x 33’ deep at it widest points.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
according to them, they are the largest auarium in the world. The tank volume on their large tank alone qualifies them as the largest. I found on their website that the reef tank is 100,000 gallons.

I wonder how many gallons of water all the MR members sum together?:bagfish:

According to their web site the tank holding the whale sharks is 263’ long x 126’ wide x 33’ deep at it widest points.

The swimming distance seems better than most of our tanks relative to the size of the fish.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was able to watch them swim around for about 15 minutes from the catwalk that spanned their tank, and they didn't seemed to be cramped for space...for aquarium fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: