• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, beautiful fish and very nice tank! :D I'm trying to nurse a red brain like the one in the reef3.jpg picture back to good health. I picked it up and it had receeded quite a bit. It seems to be doing good, though. Yours looks very nice!

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AF Founder":2jgu438z said:
mike90":2jgu438z said:
i love that black tang. what kind is it?

If you're referring to the tang with the red tear drop at its caudal it an achilles tang.

It's a red lobophyllia. If you see any gelly like substance it will require a dip in medication.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, mine's a red lobo also. (I'm assuming you were trying to quote my post. :D ) Have not noticed any "gelly" substance on it. Not sure what the original owner was doing wrong, but about 1/4-1/3 of the skeleton was showing. I acquire it from a guy who got it from the original owner and he (the guy I got it from) says some of it has already grow over the the skeleton and it looks fine in my tank. Today I will try to feed it for the first time and see how it reacts to food. :wink:

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics like these sure give me alot of tank envy. My 300 gallon built in will come sooner than I want if you guys dont quit posting pics of these gorgeous tanks. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: