• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I am thinking maybe to try adding a few chromis to the tank. Since them may school together I was thinking of getting a total of 3. Would adding 3 of them to my 58 at once me a problem over adding 1 at a time?

Sice the tank is a 58G would I be able to add 2 more small fish down the road?

A

Anonymous

Sorry, what do you have it stocked with currently?

3 small chromis at once shouldn't be a problem I would think.

Do you still have acros in the tank or did you yank them already?

A

Anonymous

All the corals are still in the tank. I have NO other fish in the tank.

A

Anonymous

In that case, they could all be fully grown and you'd probably be just fine.

If they're juvenilles, I'd be shocked if there was any noticeable difference in your tests at all.

Obviously, don't overfeed though :D

A

Anonymous

Have you considered a candy hog fish? I have had mine for about a month or so and don't know how I had a tank without one before. It is very flashy and actually has a personality. Swims around the rock work alot and is out in the open. Doesn't hide all the time. Very cool little guy.

A

Anonymous

Disregard previous message lol I thought you were looking for recommendations lol.

Chubosco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so aggressive. If I had no fish they would be perfect. Other than that, I would use them as feeders.

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":zi6gpsnx said:
They are not all that aggressive. I'd say the least aggressive out of all chromis/damsels.

I must have had a mean one. They dropped like flies. The alternative is that there was something in the tank that killed the other 5 over two weeks but has been unable to catch the last one for the last 10 months.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, went LFS shopping for fish. Nothing good anywhere

NO chromis, only a few clowns, tangs, blue damsels, 6 line wrasse, and triggers.

One LFS took half of their SW tanks away.

I guess it will be no fish.

fishinsouthga

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 9 of them in my tank they are great fish, they don't bother anything and they school up and chase ya as you walk past the tank looking for ya to feed them they are great..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is no one carries them.

The only fish It looks like I will be able to get a blue damsels,

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One LFS I dont talk to the owner anymore.

The other LFS does not special order. They dont want to be bothered.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do go there often. WHen I do its the same type fish all the time.

If I had good luck with mail order I would go that path. Since I dont I am limited on my options.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: