• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":2b5ck6o9 said:
ANEMONEBUFF":2b5ck6o9 said:
I am still behind the vortech. No heat issues whatsoever.

Go to this page and look for the vortech mpeg under "videos":

http://www.melevsreef.com/links.html

The thing that kills the vortech for me is that way it is mounted. To get max benifit it need to be on the sides and my favorite tank view is the long view from a side. Having a vortech in the middle would just mess it up for me. I really like the concept tho.
Waz, the tunzes will still get your in your way, though. Right? :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":ez33agdb said:
Wazzel":ez33agdb said:
ANEMONEBUFF":ez33agdb said:
I am still behind the vortech. No heat issues whatsoever.

Go to this page and look for the vortech mpeg under "videos":

http://www.melevsreef.com/links.html

The thing that kills the vortech for me is that way it is mounted. To get max benifit it need to be on the sides and my favorite tank view is the long view from a side. Having a vortech in the middle would just mess it up for me. I really like the concept tho.
Waz, the tunzes will still get your in your way, though. Right? :?

Not if I understand the way they can be mounted. Plan is to put it on the back of the tank and bounce it off the front glass at an angle. I prefer this to haveing to mount the unit on the side of the tank. I'll find out tonight when UPS drop it off.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep battling this problem myself. My 92 gal cube makes it very hard to distribute flow properly. I have two (2) 6080 tunze streams along with my return pump and I still plan to do (2) additional MJMods. I agree with Waz, I'm not a big fan of how the Vortech is mounted. I guess it all depends on what your budget is for this flow upgrade.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":psoap28m said:
To what question?

Plan is to put it on the back of the tank and bounce it off the front glass at an angle. I prefer this to haveing to mount the unit on the side of the tank. I'll find out tonight when UPS drop it off

I would like to put one on the back of the tank on a slight angle too, if it can be done. If you can do it tonight, question answered!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
browncj7":11tgviht said:
Wazzel":11tgviht said:
To what question?

Plan is to put it on the back of the tank and bounce it off the front glass at an angle. I prefer this to haveing to mount the unit on the side of the tank. I'll find out tonight when UPS drop it off

I would like to put one on the back of the tank on a slight angle too, if it can be done. If you can do it tonight, question answered!

I'll let you know.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
browncj7":2xby3ng1 said:
Wazzel, did you get your Vortech?!

Nope I got a stream. It is putting some big time flow into the tank. I have a one gripe. First the universal holder is a POS. If German Engineering is so great they should have come up with something better.

I will more than likely get the mounting magnet next time I order from PA. The fact that my tank is perimeter braced kickes the stream way out into the tank.

Yes they can be rotated.

Attachments

• stream side.jpg
    stream side.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 746
  • stream front.jpg
    stream front.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 746

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: