• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

davesafc

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the crab didnt move untill not long after posting that post, then a bristleworm came out and dragged it to its hole but struggled getting it in, the crab didnt look as tho it was moving so may of been dead already, at first i thought it may of just been a skin but then a peppermint came and took it away and started pulling it to bits

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a mantis, don't panic. They are awesome critters. I had one for about a year. It was electric blue and red. Put some raw fish or shrimp in a bamboo skewer, and move it toward where you hear the sound coming from. Be patient. If its a mantis, it will come to eat. Keep it fed and you will have no problems. I forgot to feed mine and it cracked open my fighting conch and the wife netted and smashed it.

Remember, animals need food, and getting fed is easier than killing food. If you feed it, all you will have to deal with is watching it ;)

BTW< a red lensed flashlight is a muct for finding seclusive critters. After lights out, they move about.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: