stan450z

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anybody know a good store to buy Tangs that are not super expensive? Maybe this a trend in the fish marketplace, but in years past Yellow and Hippo tangs I never saw over $60 bucks, modestly priced, and now people are selling them for $100! I also prefer to buy in store where you can see what you are getting and value in that you are getting a healthy fish.

Jason203

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anybody know a good store to buy Tangs that are not super expensive? Maybe this a trend in the fish marketplace, but in years past Yellow and Hippo tangs I never saw over $60 bucks, modestly priced, and now people are selling them for $100! I also prefer to buy in store where you can see what you are getting and value in that you are getting a healthy fish.
Check out NEW YORK REEF AQUATIC .

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
You can’t see velvet or ich...

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
yes, tangs costs are up 50%, scopas that was 30 to35 are now 45. yellows which were 40 are now 60. I've spoke to Fishworld, Aquarium village and they both have had DOA shipments. Another place hasn't even received a shipment in a while, waiting for more reliable transportation.
When a shippment does get into LAX, seems everyone here is selling the same fish. ie, you can find 3 inch naso tangs everywhere now. Last month, seemed like everyone had small 2 inch hippos.
Last month, Caribbean livestock was everywhere. I canvas the Queens stores every month.

CMD_2020

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
14   1   1
Availability and shipments always vary. If one store carries a certain fish, chances are so does another reef shop.pop coral in Brooklyn always has small tangs available, from yellow, to kole,..etc.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
yeah I shop around and wait for the fish to become available as a fair price. you can always find fish that are readily available if buy whatever is plenty at that time. and steer clear of sertain places that heavily medicated and will sell you sick overpriced fish. Pop corals comes to mind and others. Good luck.

D-Roms

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the little LFS here in Passaic county. The owner brings in his own shipment of fish. He had at least a half dozen powder blues ($50) and even more Nasos ($80). Said he had a deal.

Stickboy97

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. I've seen his awesome delivery prices in NYC, but the website says $89 to ship, I figured that was standard. I know its pricey to ship, but thats why I rarely buy from any online stores. I did buy a tomini & 3 lyretail anthias from NY Aquatic before covid, but he was having a huge sale,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: